Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Udo Rumpf

Default lathe advice

I am in the process of deciding on a new lathe.

I decided against a used one as I want something
that will work out of the box, as well I would like it to
be no more then 350 lb. With most of the removable
parts taken off maybe 250 lb net.

My first project will be machining and cut
4130 aircraft tubing, the pieces are 1" dia. with
..0625" wall that will be bored and have a finished
wall thickness of .035" to receive ball bearings.

What experiences do some of the members of this
group have regarding new Asian lathe? What would be
the best price / value ratio in that class as mentioned above.
I have done some research on the web but I still need
input of users that can make informed comments.

Thanks in advance
Udo Rumpf
Canada