Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Ok this one is odd

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060421/...l_gun_survivor
the metal content is nails

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott

wayne mak wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060421/...l_gun_survivor
the metal content is nails

Tonya Harding, Bob Packwood, Wes Cooley (did that story escape the
state?), and now this guy.

Gee, we're famous.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posting from Google? See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

wayne mak wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060421/...l_gun_survivor
the metal content is nails

There was a story in Reader's Digest (I think) many years ago about a
guy who
fired 6 rather large nails into his forehead with a nailgun, also
attempting suicide.
His wife thought he would become a vegetable from internal bleeding, and
so cut his wrists to aid his suicide. The prosecutor had to think on
this one a
while before deciding not to charge his wife with attempted murder.

Another one I heard of was a real accident where a guy fired a 20 d nail up
his nose, maybe with a powder-actuated driver, when it bounced off some
tough concrete. He had a nosebleed, and thought the nail just hit him
on the
nose, but was puzzled by why he was never able to find that nail. A
year later,
when the thing was rusting away, he had pain and they X rayed his head. I
would have loved to be there when the doctor showed him the X-ray and
asked "you have any idea what THIS is?"

And, of course, there's the famous guy who drove a 1" wood auger all the
way through his head while falling off a ladder. He uncoupled the drill
motor from the auger and drove himself to the hospital, with the shaft of
the auger sticking several inches out of his eye socket! I'm sure Wes
Craven
of horror movie fame would have paid a million $ to have a camera rolling
when he walked into the ER! The expression on people's faces must have
taken days to go away!

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:57:37 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

wayne mak wrote:

[...]

Friend of Dad's couldn't afford to buy commercial ammunition to shoot
groundhogs so was using his .30-.30 Winchester as a muzzle loader; I
assume primers in the cartridge, black powder (home made?), plus lead
shot or whatever. Through some form of miss adventure, the firming pin
was blown through his right eye. After he extracted the firming pin,
he walked three miles to his brother's house to ask for a ride to the
local doctor's office (20 miles away). While waiting for his brother
to get the car from the drive shed, he asked if his SiL could bring
out a couple aspirins and a glass of water as he had a headache and
didn't want to bleed on her clean floor.
Latter he carved out the stock of his rifle in order to shoot right
handed using his left eye.
This was only one of life's misfortunes to befall this tough
individual.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

wayne mak wrote:

[...]

http://www.deakin.edu.au/hbs/psychol...ge/Pgstory.htm

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist