Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Ashmore

Default Another spring question

Is there any rule of thumb about how far can stretch a spring before it is
"sprung". i.e. permanently deformed?

I have found almost the perfect spring for my camera stabilizer project but
it is only 4" long and rated for 42 lb at 3.5" and I need it to extend a bit
more than 6". I am worried that if it bottoms out once it will never come
back to its original initial tension.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com