Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.environment,alt.global-warming
Too_Many_Tools

Default Americans

"I'm one of the few bleeding-heart-commie-liberals that thinks most
teachers are OVERPAID (work out the numbers hour's actually worked [not

"fluffy' hours claimed to be worked at home] and you'll see what a
teacher really makes). The first thing I'd do if I were dictator is to

make teachers clock in for an 8 hour day, 2 to 3 weeks vacation a year
line the rest of the world. The second is to INCREASE class size while

paying the good teachers more to handle more kids....the whiners can go

to work at McDonald's. "

I would disagree...from what I have seen in person is that the teachers
I have known work 12-14 hour days/ 6 days a week during the school year
and 10-12 hour days/6 days a week during the summer. On top of this
face time, they also need to attend classes to stay current...with
money out of their pocket. Class sizes are 25 -30 per teacher when they
should be 10-13 per teacher. Every teacher I have ever known has had to
spend their own money for basic student supplies (books, paper,
pencils).

As for pay, if you pay more money you will get better qualified
people...which are desperately needed in science and math.

Again I respect your right to an opinion but it sounds like you have
not spent much time in an actual classroom. I recommend that anyone
volunteer in a classroom...it is an eye opener..it was for me.

TMT