DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   anyone know what a Jabsco 2590 pump was used for? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/151719-anyone-know-what-jabsco-2590-pump-used.html)

William B Noble (don't reply to this address) April 2nd 06 05:53 AM

anyone know what a Jabsco 2590 pump was used for?

I've put a jabsco 2590 pump on ebay (link below) for a friend - it's
not a bronze bodied pump - I presume it was for coolant, but for what
application - I figure I can get my frined more $ if I can say what
application it was for - but the number is long obsolete and I can't
find anything with dilligent searching of the web

here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4627830769

TIA

bill
Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com

Bruce L. Bergman April 2nd 06 05:13 PM

anyone know what a Jabsco 2590 pump was used for?

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 20:53:18 -0800, "William B Noble (don't reply to
this address)" wrote:

I've put a jabsco 2590 pump on ebay (link below) for a friend - it's
not a bronze bodied pump - I presume it was for coolant, but for what
application - I figure I can get my frined more $ if I can say what
application it was for - but the number is long obsolete and I can't
find anything with dilligent searching of the web

here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4627830769

For whatever you need... ;-P

Seriously - anything compatible with the body, impeller and seal
materials - on a boat, either cooling water through a small engine, or
pumping the used motor oil out during servicing, or pumping fresh sea
water from a seacock fitting up and through the bait live-well to keep
the bait fishies happy.

If it had a 12v electric motor mounted, it would make a good engine
pre-oiler with a check valve on the output and a suction fitting on
the oil pan of the engine.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545