Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim McGill

Default Taking apart a Dewalt cordless drill

Hi all

Need some demolition advice. Neighbor burned out his Dewalt cordless
(don't know how, but it's toast) so I thought I'd salvage the finger
chuck. It's all held together with Torx screws, but I've got the right
bits. The problem is once you get the case off, the drill was clearly
built from back to front. So how is the chuck held on? I can see a hex
shaped socket in the base of the chuck, but I totally wasted an Allen
key trying to undo it. Did they swage it in after tightening? Whatever,
how should I separate the chuck from the dead gearbox and motor?

Jim