Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
B.B.

Default OT - IEDs -- technical

In article ,
Ignoramus4546 wrote:

TMT's question deteriorated into a [somewhat interesting] political
discussion, but the question as to what to do techically about IEDs is
a very interesting question and very much on topic of this
newsgroup. Perhaps, in this sub-thread, we could post our own thoughts
as to what could be done to reduce the threat of IEDs.

[...cameras and sensors....]

Probably a lot more effective and durable to build a four-lane paved
road so nobody can bury anything in it, then pay locals to keep it swept
and maintained. Driving down the center would keep the vehicles far
enough from any blasts on the edges of the road to reduce the damage.
Plus you'll have a paved road to leave the locals when finished.
In bad areas make it policy--and tell everyone beforehand--to blow
away any suspicious piles at the edges of the roads.
Sink rigid posts along the sides of the road every so often so anyone
trying to drive a car bomb into a convoy would have to aim for a gap and
approach at a near-90-degree angle. Makes it easier to pick 'em off
before they get too close.

OT - IEDs Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 65 March 19th 06 03:59 AM
OT - IEDs -- technical Don Foreman Metalworking 1 March 15th 06 07:45 AM
OT - IEDs -- technical steamer Metalworking 1 March 14th 06 06:16 PM