Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Wayne Lundberg

Default Need advice on bending thick wire

My son is making an RC Sail Car, now in limited production and growing. I'm
helping him tool for it and need some advice on forming the front steering
yoke made from a 7" piece of 3/16 drill rod or piano wire, bent in three
places. I'm using wire bending jig for now after heating to dark red (heat
treating after another par gets welded onto it). I'm about to make a forming
die for use on the arbor press to smash the wire into final configuration
but am wondering about the draw here and there as it gets bent. I plan on
heating 15 pieces in my electric furnace, then one by one forming them with
the die and letting them cool on an aluminum plate for next operation. If I
send you a .jpg image of the yoke and the proposed die, could you give me
your advice? I have a few bucks and could pay through Paypal if required.

www.rcsailcars.com
Waynelundatattdotnet

Wayne

How to wire in oven and hob - advice please DeeBee UK diy 15 January 15th 04 07:25 PM
Bending wire Ted Bennett Metalworking 2 December 21st 03 01:24 PM
How to reduce current on a cheapo mig welder? Keith Marshall Metalworking 3 September 3rd 03 08:46 AM
OT repairing Resistance wire heater in Refrigerator aribert Metalworking 7 August 9th 03 01:11 PM
OT electrical question Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 24 August 1st 03 02:36 AM