Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

Default Feed Controls?

Well... This is on topic because of what I plan on using it for... My
metalworking machines...

But ultimately, it might be an OT post.

I'm looking for a hydraulic cylinder that has exactly the same volume in
"front" and "back" so that I can link the two together without having
pressure variances / blowing the thing apart.

i.e. I want to literally put a hose from one inlet port to the other without
an accumulator.

Anyone know if such an animal exists?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

Forgot to mention. The catch is that I need the cylinder to be small.
Small being 3-12" long and no larger than about 2" in diameter.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Well... This is on topic because of what I plan on using it for... My
metalworking machines...

But ultimately, it might be an OT post.

I'm looking for a hydraulic cylinder that has exactly the same volume in
"front" and "back" so that I can link the two together without having
pressure variances / blowing the thing apart.

i.e. I want to literally put a hose from one inlet port to the other
without an accumulator.

Anyone know if such an animal exists?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Any cylinder in which the rod goes out both ends should work, otherwise there
will always be less fluid volume on the end that has the rod in it .. GWE

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

According to Joe AutoDrill :
Well... This is on topic because of what I plan on using it for... My
metalworking machines...

But ultimately, it might be an OT post.

I'm looking for a hydraulic cylinder that has exactly the same volume in
"front" and "back" so that I can link the two together without having
pressure variances / blowing the thing apart.

i.e. I want to literally put a hose from one inlet port to the other without
an accumulator.

Anyone know if such an animal exists?

Look for a cylinder with equal sized rods coming out both ends.
If you find one, that should meet your requirements.

If you can't tolerate the second rod, you'll really need to make
some kind of accumulator to deal with the change in volume.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Well... This is on topic because of what I plan on using it for... My
metalworking machines...

But ultimately, it might be an OT post.

I'm looking for a hydraulic cylinder that has exactly the same volume in
"front" and "back" so that I can link the two together without having
pressure variances / blowing the thing apart.

i.e. I want to literally put a hose from one inlet port to the other without
an accumulator.

Anyone know if such an animal exists?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

Take a look he

http://surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?UI...earch=steering

Pete

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hul Tytus

Joe - how are you going to drive the cylinder? The equal displacement
cylinder implies a fixed displacement pump. Do you have any other ideas?

Hul

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Well... This is on topic because of what I plan on using it for... My
metalworking machines...

But ultimately, it might be an OT post.

I'm looking for a hydraulic cylinder that has exactly the same volume in
"front" and "back" so that I can link the two together without having
pressure variances / blowing the thing apart.

i.e. I want to literally put a hose from one inlet port to the other without
an accumulator.

Anyone know if such an animal exists?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:53:02 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Forgot to mention. The catch is that I need the cylinder to be small.
Small being 3-12" long and no larger than about 2" in diameter.

I think ive got a couple pneumatics that size......

Gunner

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Well... This is on topic because of what I plan on using it for... My
metalworking machines...

But ultimately, it might be an OT post.

I'm looking for a hydraulic cylinder that has exactly the same volume in
"front" and "back" so that I can link the two together without having
pressure variances / blowing the thing apart.

i.e. I want to literally put a hose from one inlet port to the other
without an accumulator.

Anyone know if such an animal exists?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Anthony

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in

Well... This is on topic because of what I plan on using it for...
My metalworking machines...

But ultimately, it might be an OT post.

I'm looking for a hydraulic cylinder that has exactly the same volume
in "front" and "back" so that I can link the two together without
having pressure variances / blowing the thing apart.

i.e. I want to literally put a hose from one inlet port to the other
without an accumulator.

Anyone know if such an animal exists?

Joe,
If you are using this as a feed control cylinder, you really should think
about adding a small resevior. Not only will this help with the volume
difference and allow you to use a single-rod cylinder, it will aide in
cooling, which is going to quickly become a problem if this is even a
moderately repetative cycle application.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

"Hul Tytus" wrote in message
Joe - how are you going to drive the cylinder? The equal displacement
cylinder implies a fixed displacement pump. Do you have any other ideas?

No drive. I want to use it in a unique application where the front and rear
ports are linked to each other with no accumulator.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

http://tinyurl.com/q4sjr

That is basically whant I'd like to find - but in a package that is 15" or
less in total length. One problem I have is that as he length gets shorter,
so does the overall "stroke" of the cylinder.

I'm shopping around.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022