Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
arpie b.

Default CAD/CAM designs for basic Wankel engine components...?

Anyone know of a source for accurate, machinable CAD design files for
basic Wankel engine components, specifically the housing, eccentric
shaft, and rotor? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

arpie b. wrote:

Anyone know of a source for accurate, machinable CAD design files for
basic Wankel engine components, specifically the housing, eccentric
shaft, and rotor? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you speak German, or G-code?
I _should_ have a PDF about a small (model sized, like the Graupner
Wankel built by OS) Wankel-engine that was conctructed for an enineer's
degree. IIRC, it had the G-code and all drawings included.
That engine didn't run, they had lots of problems with the coating, the
seals and ignition.
If you are interested, I'd have to look in my other computer. I didn't
find the link googling.

Nick

--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
arpie b.

Nick,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I don't understand a word of
German other than bier...

I'm actually looking for a basic design that I can scale to a certain
size for a single-rotor application on a prototype project I'm working
on, and was hoping I didn't have to actually hire out for a true
mechanical engineer to design a simple proof-of-concept engine using a
design over 50 years old...

Thanks again!

-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom

"arpie b." wrote:

Nick,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I don't understand a word of
German other than bier...

I'm actually looking for a basic design that I can scale to a certain
size for a single-rotor application on a prototype project I'm working
on, and was hoping I didn't have to actually hire out for a true
mechanical engineer to design a simple proof-of-concept engine using a
design over 50 years old...

Thanks again!

-R

Try "The Wankel Engine" Jan P Norbye ISBN 0-8019-5591-2
It has got plenty you can crib.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

arpie b. wrote:

I'm actually looking for a basic design that I can scale to a certain
size for a single-rotor application on a prototype project I'm working
on, and was hoping I didn't have to actually hire out for a true
mechanical engineer to design a simple proof-of-concept engine using a
design over 50 years old...

Um ... oh ... ah ... well if you think that it will be a piece of cake
because it is 50 years old, you will learn to regret that idea. :-)

Take an existing Wankel engine and try to convert this one.

"Bier" is only helpful in desparate phases of the project. :-))

Nick