Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

Default What is it? CIV

A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
John B

R.H. wrote:
A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

603 Boot puller

604 Rock Drill Bit

605 Flue connector
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Karl Vorwerk

601. Looks like fletchetts but not any I've seen. You drop them out of
planes, shoot out of shotguns or cannons at the enemy.
Karl

"R.H." wrote in message
A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Unknown

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:33:42 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

,;A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
,;about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
,;futu
,;
,;http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

604 Point for a driven well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Howard R Garner

R.H. wrote:
A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Only ideas on one this week.

604 driven well point
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
axolotl

Karl Vorwerk wrote:
601. Looks like fletchetts but not any I've seen. You drop them out of
planes, shoot out of shotguns or cannons at the enemy.
Karl

They appear to be those used in the 2.75" folding fin aerial rocket. AKA
"nails".

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , R.H.
wrote:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

The only one I know this week is 603... It's a boot jack for cowboy
boots.

--
Talking about art is like dancing about architecture - Frank Zappa
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
RicodJour

R.H. wrote:
A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

600. Some sort of ratchet wrench
601. Weapon. Looks like the spikes that ninjas would throw, but they
look too heavy and crude.
602. A planishing stake.
603. Boot jack.
604. Well point.
605. Concrete slab jointing tool.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Bill B

600 - Some kind of automatic ratchet, hydraulic fittings???

601 - Fletchette, old style. I believe the newer ones have compressible
fins so more can fit in a shell

602 - a really big tack? A horseshoe stake to handicap better *******?

603 - boot jack

604 - some kind of rock drill, I think the holes allow water to be fed
down to flush debris to the surface

605 -

--
Bill Berglin

http://home.comcast.net/~bberg100

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , R.H. says...

A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

600 is a wrench made for tightening swagelock tubing fittings.

I think it's made by Parker.

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Barbara Bailey

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:33:42 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

601: blowgun darts?
603: a bootjack

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Lance Boyle

604: Sand point for a water well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Matthew Russotto

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

600: Faucet wrench

601: Mini darts

602: Valve handle

603: Wine bottle holder

604: Depth gauge
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

#600 Looks like it's designed to fit over a rotating shaft for some
purpose
#601 Some type of nail with a "cross" head"?
#602 Decorative spike of some sort
#603 Bootjack. Used to aid in removing cowboy boots or other
tight-fitting shoes
#604 Sandpoint. Used to drill test wells for water

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols

According to R.H. :
A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. As always, posting from rec.crafts.metalworking.

600) A wrench for tightening Swageloc "flare" fittings. The rollers
will be pushed back in one direction, but will press firmly
against the flats in the other direction, giving it a ratcheting
action, without needing to be properly aligned on insertion as a
normal box wrench would require.

I've got one with two sizes on two ends -- for the 1/4" fittings
and for the 5/16" fittings.

Note that they are not truly flare fittings, but they are used
in the sorts of places where a flare fitting would be used.

The open part of the 'C' shape allows it to be slipped over the
tubing both before and after tightening, so you don't wind up
with an expensive wrench trapped on the tubing. :-)

601) Either some kind of steel quarrel for a crossbown, or a
variation on the "lazy dog" anti-personell devices dropped from
a high-flying aircraft, letting the long fall build up the
kinetic energy to injure or kill someone.

The ones which I have seen were smaller and made of lead. These
may be intended to penetrate something more solid than a person.

602) I find it hard to imagine this beeing driven into wood without
maring the finish on the head.

Offhand, I would think that it is for looping a rope over, or
perhaps for hanging clothes from, and it should be pressed into
a pre-drilled hole, not driven in with a sledgehammer.

603) A bootjack! Used for removing cowboy boots. One foot is
placed on top of the ramp to hold it down, and the heel of the
boot on the other foot is placed in the notch to hold the boot
while the foot is withdrawn.

604) Hmm ... I've never seen one, but I suspect that this may be a
perforating charge -- an explosive set off in the bottom most
section of the pipe in a drilled well, to perforate the walls to
allow the water (or oil, depending on the well) to flow in.

605) No guess at all on this one.

Now to see what others have already answered.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

The R.H. entity posted thusly:

A new set has been posted, thanks to those who emailed and posted feedback
about the site, there might be additional minor changes coming in the
futu

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

600. Shaft ratchet wrench
601. Crossbow quarrels (bolts, as in arrows)
603. Boot Jack (for removing boots)
604. Bottom section for a well. Driven in.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Karl Vorwerk

Thanks
Karl

"axolotl" wrote in message
Karl Vorwerk wrote:
601. Looks like fletchetts but not any I've seen. You drop them out of
planes, shoot out of shotguns or cannons at the enemy.
Karl

They appear to be those used in the 2.75" folding fin aerial rocket. AKA
"nails".

Kevin Gallimore

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

They've all been answered correctly this time:

600. Cam Loc wrench

601. Flechettes

602. Ball or planishing stake

603. Boot jack

604. Wellpoint

605. Concrete sidewalk groover

A couple new photos and few links have been posted on the answer page:

http://pzphotosans106-r.blogspot.com/

Rob