Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Did I just waste money on ebay??

heres the item I won, its local so pick up SHOULD be no big deal.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

"wayne mak" wrote in
:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:BCA:US:
31&Item=7590790360

Looks like an MSC brand or another "store" branded tool and cutter grinder.
Probably Taiwanese. Seems like a good deal to me.

--

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

I agree I looked at enco and they sell one that looks just like it, this one
seems to have a different tool holder, maybe some sort of option, any how I
will be bringing cash when picking up.
"D Murphy" wrote in message
"wayne mak" wrote in
:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:BCA:US:
31&Item=7590790360

Looks like an MSC brand or another "store" branded tool and cutter
grinder.
Probably Taiwanese. Seems like a good deal to me.

--

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

"wayne mak" wrote in
:

I agree I looked at enco and they sell one that looks just like it,
this one seems to have a different tool holder, maybe some sort of
option, any how I will be bringing cash when picking up.

Here is the MSC one that I was thinking of:

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1803254&PMT4NO=5138848

Looks about the same. For 300 bucks I would expect that it has a couple of
issues. Let's face it, it wasn't a Cincy Monoset or a K.O. Lee to start
with, but I think it's a very good deal. Seems the sellers negative
feedback was over a lost item and some slow shipping. Which shouldn't be a
factor on a pick up.

What are you planning on using it for? It's a small 1/2 HP single phase
machine, so it's probably better suited to sharpening than making tools
from a blank. But if you're not in a hurry, I suppose you could make tools
from scratch.

--

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

I would use it to sharpen tools not make any. It would sit in the corner
most of its life, but when I need it will be there. The price seems good, I
did talk to some one today that has seen the machine and he said its in very
good shape, i hope to pick it up monday.
"D Murphy" wrote in message
"wayne mak" wrote in
:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If it's a local pickup, probably ok. Unless you really believe the unit
has a 30' table.

Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL

You might want to pay cash when you pick up. Take a good look before
paying.

"wayne mak" wrote in message

heres the item I won, its local so pick up SHOULD be no big deal.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

Take a good look before BIDDING. Once you've bid you're obligated
to pay.

AL wrote:
You might want to pay cash when you pick up. Take a good look before
paying.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:47:14 -0500, "wayne mak"

heres the item I won, its local so pick up SHOULD be no big deal.

Asshole. Grumble mumble mutter....

Very very ncie score indeed!!!!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

Where are you going to fit the "30 ' trable"? That's
a huge trable!