DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Did I just waste money on ebay?? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/146417-did-i-just-waste-money-ebay.html)

wayne mak February 26th 06 02:47 AM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

heres the item I won, its local so pick up SHOULD be no big deal.

D Murphy February 26th 06 04:00 AM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

"wayne mak" wrote in
:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:BCA:US:
31&Item=7590790360

Looks like an MSC brand or another "store" branded tool and cutter grinder.
Probably Taiwanese. Seems like a good deal to me.

--

Dan

[email protected] February 26th 06 04:06 AM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

If it's a local pickup, probably ok. Unless you really believe the unit
has a 30' table.

Paul

AL February 26th 06 04:12 AM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

You might want to pay cash when you pick up. Take a good look before
paying.

wayne mak February 26th 06 04:28 AM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

I will be paying cash at pick up so if its junk I will walk.
"Ignoramus2596" wrote in message
.. .
I do not like the seller's feedback... Let us know how it turns out...

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:47:14 -0500, wayne mak

heres the item I won, its local so pick up SHOULD be no big deal.

Gunner February 26th 06 10:58 AM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:47:14 -0500, "wayne mak"

heres the item I won, its local so pick up SHOULD be no big deal.

Asshole. Grumble mumble mutter....

Very very ncie score indeed!!!!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

wayne mak February 26th 06 01:15 PM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

I agree I looked at enco and they sell one that looks just like it, this one
seems to have a different tool holder, maybe some sort of option, any how I
will be bringing cash when picking up.
"D Murphy" wrote in message
"wayne mak" wrote in
:

Mike Berger February 26th 06 05:56 PM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

Where are you going to fit the "30 ' trable"? That's
a huge trable!

Mike Berger February 26th 06 05:56 PM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

So you don't take the Ebay bid-as-contract thing seriously?

Mike Berger February 26th 06 05:57 PM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

Take a good look before BIDDING. Once you've bid you're obligated
to pay.

wayne mak February 26th 06 06:18 PM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

If the item is as said then yes its (as you call it) a contract. If its NOT
as advertised then no its not a deal. I have done my share of ebay and am
honest on what I sell, if someone missrepresents what they are selling well
thats no good. I once won a "running tractor" well at pick up it had a bad
rod knock, the hydro drive was leaking like a tin can near dick cheney so no
thats not something I will pay for do to the seller not being honest.

Ned Simmons February 26th 06 06:28 PM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

In article , says...

wayne mak wrote:
I will be paying cash at pick up so if its junk I will walk.
"Ignoramus2596" wrote in message
.. .

It takes two to make a contract. If the seller has misrepresented the
item, including not disclosing serious damage or defects, the buyer is
under no obligation to pay for it.

Ned Simmons

D Murphy February 26th 06 08:38 PM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

"wayne mak" wrote in
:

I agree I looked at enco and they sell one that looks just like it,
this one seems to have a different tool holder, maybe some sort of
option, any how I will be bringing cash when picking up.

Here is the MSC one that I was thinking of:

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1803254&PMT4NO=5138848

Looks about the same. For 300 bucks I would expect that it has a couple of
issues. Let's face it, it wasn't a Cincy Monoset or a K.O. Lee to start
with, but I think it's a very good deal. Seems the sellers negative
feedback was over a lost item and some slow shipping. Which shouldn't be a
factor on a pick up.

What are you planning on using it for? It's a small 1/2 HP single phase
machine, so it's probably better suited to sharpening than making tools
from a blank. But if you're not in a hurry, I suppose you could make tools
from scratch.

--

Dan

wayne mak February 26th 06 08:49 PM

Did I just waste money on ebay??

I would use it to sharpen tools not make any. It would sit in the corner
most of its life, but when I need it will be there. The price seems good, I
did talk to some one today that has seen the machine and he said its in very
good shape, i hope to pick it up monday.
"D Murphy" wrote in message
"wayne mak" wrote in
:

Dave Hinz February 27th 06 04:47 PM

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:56:58 -0600, Mike Berger wrote:
So you don't take the Ebay bid-as-contract thing seriously?

If the item isn't as described then the seller has already violated the
contract. As such, no reason for Wayne to throw his money away.

If the item is as described, yes, he's ethically bound to pay for and
take the item. If it's not, then best case, shake their hand & agree
not to complete the transaction, worst case you both take a neg.