Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Treaded plumbing joints that don't leak?

Think it's possible??

Awl--

Goodgawd... what a hassle.
And 1/2 brass, at that!!

I used to be a fair half-assed plumber, and ahm wunnerin if the problem
isn't these cheap chinese fittings. But American fittings are priced thru
the effing roof!!

What I'm "reduced to" is the old Hercules Pro Dope (mebbe w/ teflon
additive), AND...... Thread!! Literally thread, cuz the plumber's string I
got just seems to be pushed out of the way.

Never had these problems before.
Admittedly I'm using Channel-locks on this 1/2 plumbing, but this did not
cause a problem before, either, unless I'm just getting weaker, as well as
dumber, with age. Goodgawd....
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Think it's possible??

Awl--

Goodgawd... what a hassle.
And 1/2 brass, at that!!

I used to be a fair half-assed plumber, and ahm wunnerin if the problem
isn't these cheap chinese fittings. But American fittings are priced thru
the effing roof!!

What I'm "reduced to" is the old Hercules Pro Dope (mebbe w/ teflon
additive), AND...... Thread!! Literally thread, cuz the plumber's string
I got just seems to be pushed out of the way.

Never had these problems before.
Admittedly I'm using Channel-locks on this 1/2 plumbing

I do a few hundred fittings a year -- low-pressure hydraulics, air, water.
Never had a problem. However, I never squeezed my fittings outta round with
Channel-Loks, either. G

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Billy Hiebert

Try "RectoRseal". Comes with or without Teflon. Seems to work well, even
with bad threads, chinese or otherwise.

[...]

HIEBERT SCULPTURE WORKS
Small Part Injection Molding
http://www.hieberts.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message
. ..

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Think it's possible??

Awl--

Goodgawd... what a hassle.
And 1/2 brass, at that!!

I used to be a fair half-assed plumber, and ahm wunnerin if the problem
isn't these cheap chinese fittings. But American fittings are priced
thru the effing roof!!

What I'm "reduced to" is the old Hercules Pro Dope (mebbe w/ teflon
additive), AND...... Thread!! Literally thread, cuz the plumber's
string I got just seems to be pushed out of the way.

Never had these problems before.
Admittedly I'm using Channel-locks on this 1/2 plumbing

I do a few hundred fittings a year -- low-pressure hydraulics, air, water.
Never had a problem. However, I never squeezed my fittings outta round
with Channel-Loks, either. G

You really think 'Locks can make a brass fitting out of round? Moreso than
a pipe wrench?

Also, never heard of RectoSeal--sounds right up my, uh, alley, tho.
A HD item? Specialty?
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I like a strap wrench, and yes, I am gettin' weaker as the years go by.
Maybe it's a torque thing...

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Falls Church, VA 22044-0394

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Teflon tape and a strap wrench on the brass? Just a thought...

Stan