Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill J.

Default Anyone know how to make a soap foam nozzle?

I've used those hand soaps that have close to a 5:1 ratio of water to
soap in them and when you press down on the top, they produce a soap
foam. I'd like to make a nozzle that does this on a larger scale. I've
seen ones for pressure washers that aspirate the soap into the nozzle,
but I want one that works just like the hand soap one. I want to just
have to force the premixed diluted soap mixture into the nozzle and
have foam come out at a velocity proportional to the input pressure.

Does anyone know how something like that would be designed?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal

In article .com,
"Bill J." wrote:

Does anyone know how something like that would be designed?

I'm guessing the soap dispenser is a two cylinder pump - one pumps soap
solution, the other pumps air. Perhaps the firefighters among us can
provide details on foam nozzles - I assume those suck air in by venturi
action. I used to use a film washer that did the same thing to inject
bubbles in the column using the force of the incoming water, and it
would foam very nicely if one dropped a drop of photo-flo in the intake.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bugs

Go to your local fire dept. and ask to look at their foam generator, if
they have one. That should give you a good idea. It's just a venturi
and aspirator that sucks up the foam/soap solution and blents it with
water and air to make foam.
Bugs

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger & Lorraine Martin

"Bill J." wrote in message
oups.com...
I've used those hand soaps that have close to a 5:1 ratio of water to
soap in them and when you press down on the top, they produce a soap
foam. I'd like to make a nozzle that does this on a larger scale. I've
seen ones for pressure washers that aspirate the soap into the nozzle,
but I want one that works just like the hand soap one. I want to just
have to force the premixed diluted soap mixture into the nozzle and
have foam come out at a velocity proportional to the input pressure.

Does anyone know how something like that would be designed?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Years ago (maybe 20) I had a foam lance attachment for a high
pressure washer, the venturi was on the suction side of the pump
to get the soap into the mix before the lance. The lance had a section
about 150mm long partly filled (90%) with small nylon balls of varying
sizes. The tube probably trebled in diameter at the same time so dropped
the pressure and the mix came out of a fairly large nozzle.

This flocked up the detergent mix and it really hung onto the vehicles
we were cleaning.