Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mlcorson

Default Information on "knife edge" bearings.

Hello all:
I'd like find more information about acquiring or making knife edge
bearings. They are for use and experimentation in my kinetic sculpture
work. I am doing a series of experiments with balance, center of
gravity, and movable pendulums. Knife edge bearings are typically found
in balance beam type of scales. If constructed properly, I think they
will allow partial rotation on 2 planes. Left-right, forward-back. Can
anyone suggest references on this subject? I have been unable to find
anything specific to designing, making them or using them.
Thanks for the help.
-Mike