Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman

Default Information on "knife edge" bearings.

""Nick Müller" wrote: (clip) There is also a similar "bearing". Thin sheets
of hardened steel (like the feeler gauges for setting valve swing). Stamp
holes through a strip, screw the two parts together and use the strip like
you would use a string. This construction is often used in pendulas of
clocks.
Nick, I don't think this is what you are describing, so I will mention it as
another possibility. It is called a "taut band" suspension, sometimes used
in meters and (possibly) gauges. The suspension consists of a band of
metal, under tension, supported at its ends. The needle is attached at the
middle of the band, at right angles. The needle can swing with virtually
zero friction by twisting the band.

Now a tiny "nit": The plural of pendulum is "pendula."