Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default arched fireplace opening

Does anyone know where I could buy an brass, or brassplated, arched
fireplace screen? I have gone bonkers trying to find one. I live in NC.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:52:57 -0500, wrote:

Does anyone know where I could buy an brass, or brassplated, arched
fireplace screen? I have gone bonkers trying to find one. I live in NC.

Well, here I am, first to ask dumb questions I guess. Why do you want
it arched. Most of them have sliding "chain-mail" type screens, and
you can't slide an arch. On the other hand, if all you want is a
decorative bit, maybe you can buy a standard rectangular one, and add
a screened fixed arch to it, if nothing else. Or do what most do, and
install a sheet-metal hood to fill the arch. Helps with smoke
ejection too.

Now, if you had said a glass swinging-door type, I would think that
they are still available.

I wonder if the problem is that "arches" are rather a non-standard
dimensional item. You may need to get one custom made.

Or have a peek at:

http://www.frontgate.com/fg/search_paid.jsp?Description=fireplace+screen&ggkey =Fireplace_Screen&k=XX30247

http://www.hansenwholesale.com/home-fireplaces/li_famod.asp?cat=Screens&FireItem=True

http://interiordec.about.com/od/fireplacescreens/

Google is your friend for "fireplace screens"

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Keith Marshall

wrote in message
Does anyone know where I could buy an brass, or brassplated, arched
fireplace screen? I have gone bonkers trying to find one. I live in NC.

You didn't provide enough info such as size, single-panel, tri-panel, fancy
or plain, glass-insert, etc. A simple Google search for "arched brass
fireplace screen" brought up several sites with offerings such as this one:

http://www.gardenica.com/home-decor-...lid-brass.html

The same search on Froogle brought up several as well:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...&lmode=unknown

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"