Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Marv Soloff

Default ATT Worldnet Credit Card Scam

Heads up - for those on the NG using ATT Worldnet as an ISP. This scam
just came across:

"Recently we attempted to authorize payment from your credit card we
have on file for you, but it was declined.

For security purposes, our system automatically removes credit card
information from an account when there is a problem or the card expires.

Please resubmit the credit card, and provide us with new and complete
information. To resubmit credit card information via our secure server,
click the following link:

https://my.att.net/AuthN.login?sid=c0?p=addcreditcard

This is the quickest and easiest method of getting credit card
information to us. Using the secure server will ensure that the credit
card will be placed on account within 24 hours."

© 2003 AT&T. All rights reserved.

Pretty clever. You have been warned.

Regards,

Marv