Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Default Any work light recommendations?

Enco has a work light on sale:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...PMAKA=325-5213
looks like a good deal.

I am going to use it with my metal grinder and wonder if it's OK to
have "open" design with halogen light or It's better to go for a real
dust proof/water proof machinist light?

Thanks,
Alex

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Check into Sunnex brand. Sometimes they have a 2 for 1 introductory offer.

Bob Swinney
"Alex" wrote in message
oups.com...
Enco has a work light on sale:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...PMAKA=325-5213
looks like a good deal.

I am going to use it with my metal grinder and wonder if it's OK to
have "open" design with halogen light or It's better to go for a real
dust proof/water proof machinist light?

Thanks,
Alex

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Engelhardt

Alex wrote:

Enco has a work light on sale:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...PMAKA=325-5213

60% off! But, I don't like those parallel-arm lamps - they just don't
seem to stay in the right place for me. I much prefer the goose neck
style. It has a "J" type halogen bulb, which is probably the long,
skinny kind. If so, I find those bulbs to give uneven light patterns.
Or, maybe it's the lights/reflectors I've used.

Also, I find 50W (halogen) to be plenty for task lighting.

I am going to use it with my metal grinder and wonder if it's OK to
have "open" design with halogen light or It's better to go for a real
dust proof/water proof machinist light?

I've had an open light on my grinder for 30 (40?) years without a
problem. I've never heard of a problem with them.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:37:13 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Alex wrote:

Enco has a work light on sale:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...PMAKA=325-5213

60% off! But, I don't like those parallel-arm lamps - they just don't
seem to stay in the right place for me. I much prefer the goose neck
style. It has a "J" type halogen bulb, which is probably the long,
skinny kind. If so, I find those bulbs to give uneven light patterns.
Or, maybe it's the lights/reflectors I've used.

Also, I find 50W (halogen) to be plenty for task lighting.

I am going to use it with my metal grinder and wonder if it's OK to
have "open" design with halogen light or It's better to go for a real
dust proof/water proof machinist light?

I've had an open light on my grinder for 30 (40?) years without a
problem. I've never heard of a problem with them.

Bob

At the very least, instal the UV shield over the halogen bulb! You
don't want sunburned hands after a day of grinding.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada