Mike Patterson

Default bottle jack repair?

My old faithful 8 ton bottle jack is bleeding fluid from the packing
gasket around the release valve.

Can I fix this thing, or should I just junk it? Seems a shame to trash
it for what must be less than a penny's worth of rubber gasket
material.

TIA
Mike

lane

"Mike Patterson" wrote in
message news
My old faithful 8 ton bottle jack is bleeding fluid from the packing
gasket around the release valve.

Can I fix this thing, or should I just junk it? Seems a shame to trash
it for what must be less than a penny's worth of rubber gasket
material.

TIA
Mike

I would say it depends on how good of a jack it is. What did it cost you.
Does a repair cost less than buying a new one.

Lane

Pete Logghe

Mike Patterson wrote in message . ..
My old faithful 8 ton bottle jack is bleeding fluid from the packing
gasket around the release valve.

Can I fix this thing, or should I just junk it? Seems a shame to trash
it for what must be less than a penny's worth of rubber gasket
material.

TIA
Mike

It's a 39 cent part...
Locally there is a hydraulic shop, I got a new seal, and just
pushed it in there, problem solved. WAY more expensive to drive
to the shop tha the cost of the seal.

If they can't cross reference the numbers on the jack, they can simply
match it to a stock seal.

Look in the yellow pages under hydraulic.

Pete