Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Chilcoat

Default Square D unloader valve thread?

I am building a new compressor from a salvaged C-H tank and other parts, the
99.99 5 hp pump from HF, and a new 5 hp, 1 ph motor. The C-H pressure
switch is a Square D, with an unloader. The 1/4" tubing nut for the
unloader valve is missing. I assumed that this would be a standard 1/4"
tubing nut. Wrong. I then thought it might be a 1/8" NPT thread, perhaps a
straight version, because the size seemed about right. Wrong again. Anyone
know how to get a nut to attach 1/4: tubing to this unloader valve? I'd
rather not have to buy one from Sears.com, or to machine one from stock. Is
this some standard tubing fitting that I'm unaware of? Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Sterling

I am building a new compressor from a salvaged C-H tank and other parts, the
99.99 5 hp pump from HF, and a new 5 hp, 1 ph motor. The C-H pressure
switch is a Square D, with an unloader. The 1/4" tubing nut for the
unloader valve is missing. I assumed that this would be a standard 1/4"
tubing nut. Wrong. I then thought it might be a 1/8" NPT thread, perhaps a
straight version, because the size seemed about right. Wrong again. Anyone
know how to get a nut to attach 1/4: tubing to this unloader valve? I'd
rather not have to buy one from Sears.com, or to machine one from stock. Is
this some standard tubing fitting that I'm unaware of? Thanks.

Is that a compression fitting?.... possibly an auto parts store would
have the fitting you need (brass compression fittings for fuel lines,
etc.... HTH
Ken.