Gunner

Default OT- Pet Meds

Newsgroups: misc.survivalism

Ok, as mentioned this has been discussed several times on
the list but I thought I would put the listings for Lambriers
fish meds together in case any one else wants a full reference
on what each one is good for.
All of Lambriers fish meds come in 250 mg capsules or
tablets which is the standard human dose. The drugs are all
human grade. Burns vet supply sells only to vets. Lambriers is
the cheapest place to buy fish meds
The availability of fish meds without a prescrip is going to
be done away with shortly if my souces at the FDA are being
honest. Lambriers fish meds are pg 9 of their latest cat. and I
am listing the meds and info in the order lambrier has them.
There are some non fish meds listed and if anyone is interested I
have a more complete list I can post.

LA

USE THIS INFO AT YOUR OWN RISK CAUSE I AIN"T A DOC

METRONIDAZOLE (Flagyl®) kills or prevents the growth of certain
bacteria and protozoa (single cell animals). Metronidazole
treats infections of the skin, central nervous system, bones and
joints, respiratory tract, abdomen, gynecologic and vaginal
infections (including trichomoniasis), urinary tract and
intestinal infections (including dysentery).
Standard dosages: Trichomoniasis is 250 mgs 3xday for seven
days acute ambeic dysentery is 750 mgs 3xday for 5 to 10 days
ambeic liver abcess same as dysentery anaerobic bacterial
infections 7.5 mgs per every 2.2 lbs every six hours

Do not drink booze when taking this and for 24 hours after last
dose as the combination can cause cramps, nausea, vomiting
headaches etc. There is no info about the safety if taken while
pregnant so don't unless it is a crisis. Take metronidazole
tablets or capsules by mouth. Swallow tablets whole with a full
glass of water. If metronidazole upsets your stomach you can
take it with food or milk.
What other medicines can interact with metronidazole?
.alcohol
.barbiturate medicines for inducing sleep or treating seizures
(convulsions)
.cimetidine (Tagamet®)
.disulfiram
.fluorouracil
.lithium
.phenytoin
.warfarin

What side effects : Rare or uncommon:
.seizures (convulsions)
.skin rash, itching
.fever or chills, sore throat
.numbness, tingling, pain or weakness in the hands or feet
.vomiting or severe stomach pain
More common:
.clumsiness, dizziness, or unsteadiness
.unusual tiredness or weakness
.vaginal irritation or discharge

Side effects that usually do not require medical attention
.dark brown or reddish urine
.diarrhea
.dry mouth
.food tasting unusual or like metal
.headache
.loss of appetite
.nausea
.mild stomach pain or cramps

If you are allergic to penicillin any drug with cillen or illen
is not for you, it's a great way to kill yourself. Avoid Ceclor
or cephlasporin as well.

Penicillin I would skip this one entirely. If penicillin is
something you feel you need go to your farm supply store and get
Procaine G. Procaine is a anaglesic that keeps the injection
from stinging like fire when the penicillin goes in. Much
better bet in my opinion (for what that
is worth) than the straight injectable penicillin or the tabs.
here are

What does penicillin G injection do?
PENICILLIN G (Bicillin®, Wycillin®) is an original penicillin
antibiotic. Penicillin G kills certain bacteria that cause
infection, or stops their growth. It treats many kinds of
infections of
the skin, brain, heart, respiratory tract, sinuses, and ears.
Penicillin G also treats Lyme disease and certain sexually
transmitted diseases.

if you have any of these conditions be careful and research
before taking:
.asthma
.eczema
.kidney disease
.stomach problems (especially colitis)
.an unusual or allergic reaction to penicillins, cephalosporin
antibiotics, sulfites, foods, dyes, or preservatives
.breast-feeding

How should I use this medicine?
Penicillin G is for injection into a muscle & the weights and
cc's is on the label.

MOXICILLIN ( Amoxil®, Trimox®, Wymox®) is a penicillin
antibiotic. Amoxicillin kills bacteria that cause infection, or
stops the growth of bacteria. It treats many different kinds of
infections of the skin, respiratory tract, sinuses, ear, and
kidney. Amoxicillin also treats some sexually transmitted
disease.

if you have any of these conditions be careful and research
before taking:
.asthma
.eczema
.kidney disease
.leukemia
.mononucleosis
.stomach problems (especially colitis)
.virus infection
.other chronic illness
.an unusual or allergic reaction to amoxicillin, other
penicillins,
cephalosporin antibiotics, other medicines, foods, dyes, or
preservatives
.breast-feeding

How should I take this medicine?
Swallow the capsules whole with a drink of water. Take
amoxicillin with
or without food.

dosages: 250 mgs 3xday for lower respitory infects 500 mgs 3xday

What other medicines can interact with amoxicillin?
.allopurinol
.certain antibiotics given by injection
.methotrexate
.probenecid

What side effects may I notice from taking amoxicillin?

.difficulty breathing, wheezing
.dark yellow or brown urine
.dizziness
.fever or chills, sore throat
.increased thirst
.pain or difficulty passing urine
.redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin,
including inside the mouth
.seizures (convulsions)
.skin rash, itching
.stomach pain or cramps
.swollen joints
.severe or watery diarrhea
.unusual bleeding or bruising
.unusual weakness or tiredness
.vomiting
.yellowing of the eyes or skin
.diarrhea
.headache
.loss of appetite
.nausea
.stomach gas or heartburn

If you are diabetic and taking large doses of amoxicillin, you
may get a false-positive result for sugar in your urine.

Store at room temperature between 15 and 30°C (59 and 86°F).
Keep container tightly closed.

TETRACYCLINE (Achromycin®, Sumycin®) is an antibiotic.
Tetracycline treats many kinds of infections of the skin, bone,
stomach, respiratory tract, sinuses, ear, and urinary tract.
Rocky
Mt spotted fever, typhus, Lyme disease, strep It also treats
certain sexually transmitted diseases. DO NOT use in children
under the age of eight, it can screw up their
developing teeth

Dosages: 1 to 2 grams divided into two doses per day, coontinues
dosage for 48hrs after cessation of symptoms. For strep take ten
days
if you have any of these conditions be careful and research
before taking:
.kidney disease
.liver disease
.other chronic illness
.an unusual or allergic reaction to tetracycline antibiotics,
foods, dyes, or preservatives
.pregnant or trying to get pregnant, do not use in the last half
of preg.
.breast-feeding

How should I take this medicine?
Take tetracycline tablets or capsules by mouth. Swallow tablets
or capsules whole with a full glass of water. Take tetracycline 1
hour before or at least 2 hours after eating; taking it with
food can make it less effective. Avoid having dairy products,
such as yogurt, milk, or
cheese with your medicine; they can reduce the effect of
tetracycline.

What other medicines can interact with tetracycline?
.antacids
.calcium salts
.cholestyramine
.colestipol
.digoxin
.female hormones, including contraceptive or birth control pills
.ferrous sulfate
.magnesium salts
.methoxyflurane
.other antibiotic medicines
.sodium bicarbonate
.vitamin A
.warfarin
.zinc salts

What side effects may I notice from taking tetracycline?

.dark yellow or brown urine
.decrease in the amount of urine
.difficulty breathing
.fever
.headache
.increased sensitivity to the sun or ultraviolet light
.itching in the rectal or genital area
.skin rash, itching
.stomach pain or cramps
.unusual weakness or tiredness
.yellowing of the eyes or skin
.diarrhea
.discolored tongue
.loss of appetite
.nausea, vomiting
.sore mouth

Do not take tetracycline just before going to bed. It may not
dissolve properly when you are lying down and can cause
ulceration of your food pipe.

Keep out of the sun, or wear protective clothing outdoors and
use a sunscreen.

Make sure your diet provides vitamin B.

Birth control pills (contraceptive pills) may not work properly
while you are taking this medicine. Use an extra method of birth
control for at least one month.

If you are being treated for a sexually transmitted disease,
avoid sexual contact until you have finished your treatment.
Your sexual partner may also need treatment.

Antacid can stop tetracycline working. If you get an upset
stomach and want to take an antacid, make sure there is an
interval of at least 2 hours since you last took tetracycline,
or 4
hours before your next dose.

Iron and zinc preparations can also stop tetracycline from
working properly.

Never use tetracycline if it is past the expiration date; it can
make you seriously ill, it is highly toxic to kidneys. Store at
room temperature between 15 and 30°C (59 and 86°F). Protect from
light. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.

What do ampicillin capsules do? It is a penicillin antibiotic.
Ampicillin kills bacteria that
cause infection, or stops the growth of bacteria. It treats many
kinds of infections of the skin, central nervous sstem, heart,
respiratory tract, sinuses, ear, and kidney. Ampicillin also
treats some sexually transmitted disease.
if you have any of these conditions be careful and research
before taking:
.asthma
.eczema
.kidney disease
.leukemia
.mononucleosis
.stomach problems (especially colitis)
.virus infection
.other chronic illness
.an unusual or allergic reaction to ampicillin, other
penicillins,
imipenem, cephalosporin antibiotics, foods, dyes, or
preservatives
.breast-feeding

How should I take this medicine?
Take ampicillin capsules by mouth. Take ampicillin 1 to 2 hours
before or at least 2 hours after eating; taking it with food can
make it less effective. Take with a full glass of water.

What other medicines can interact with ampicillin?
.allopurinol
.certain antibiotics given by injection
.clavulanic acid
.female hormones, including contraceptive or birth control pills
.methotrexate
.probenecid

What side effects may I notice from taking ampicillin?

.difficulty breathing, wheezing
.dark yellow or brown urine
.dizziness
.fever or chills, sore throat
.headache
.less frequent passing of urine
.redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin,
including inside the mouth
.seizures (convulsions)
.skin rash, itching
.stomach pain or cramps
.swollen joints
.severe or watery diarrhea
.unusual bleeding or bruising
.unusual weakness or tiredness
.diarrhea
.loss of appetite
.nausea, vomiting
.sore mouth
.stomach gas or heartburn

If you are diabetic and taking large doses of ampicillin, you
may get a false-positive result for sugar in your urine.

Birth control pills (contraceptive pills) may not work properly
while you are taking this medicine. Use another method of birth
control for at least one month.

Store at room temperature between 15 and 30°C (59 and 86°F).
Keep
container tightly closed.

ERYTHROMYCIN (E.E.S.®, Ery-Tab®, Erythrocin®, PCE®, EryPed®,
Ilosone®)
is a macrolide antibiotic. Erythromycin kills certain bacteria
or stops their growth. It treats many kinds of infection,
including pneumonia (lung infections), skin infections, some
sexually
transmitted diseases, and Legionnaire's disease. Erythromycin
also treats severe acne, whooping cough and prevents heart
problems in patients with rheumatic fever.

if you have any of these conditions be careful and research
before taking:
.hearing problems
.heart disease
.liver disease
.stomach problems (especially colitis)
.other chronic illness
.an unusual or allergic reaction to erythromycin, foods, dyes,
or preservatives
.breast-feeding

How should I take this medicine?
Take erythromycin tablets or capsules by mouth.
As a general rule take 1 or 2 hours before food, or at least 2
hours after food.

dosages: 250 mgs 4xday if it is an ungodly case of strep up tp 4
grams per day

What other medicines can interact with erythromycin?
.astemizole
.carbamazepine
.cisapride
.colchicine
.cyclosporine
.digoxin
.dihydroergotamine
.ergotamine
.other antibiotics, like grepafloxacin or sparfloxacin
.terfenadine
.theophylline
.triazolam
.warfarin

What side effects may I notice from taking erythromycin?

.dark yellow or brown urine
.difficulty breathing
.hearing loss
.ringing in the ears
.severe or watery diarrhea
.skin rash or itching
.swelling of face or neck
.yellowing of eyes or skin
.diarrhea,
.loss of appetite
.nausea, vomiting
.stomach pain

Store at room temperature between 15 and 30°C (59 and 86°F).
Keep
container tightly closed.

CEPHALEXIN (Keflex®, Keftab®) is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It
treats
many kinds of infections including those of the skin,
respiratory tract, bone, sinuses, ears, and urinary tract.
don't take if you're allergic to penicillin.

if you have any of these conditions:
.bleeding problems
.kidney disease
.stomach or intestinal problems (especially colitis)
.other chronic illness
.an unusual or allergic reaction to cephalexin, other
cephalosporin
antibiotics, penicillin, penicillamine, other foods, dyes or
preservatives
.pregnant or trying to get pregnant
.breast-feeding

How should I take this medicine?
You can take cephalexin with or without food. If cephalexin
upsets your
stomach it may help to take it with food.

dosages: 250 mgs 4xday

What other medicines can interact with cephalexin?
.other antibiotics
.probenecid

What side effects may I notice from taking cephalexin?

.difficulty breathing, wheezing
.dizziness
.fever or chills, sore throat
.headache
.reduced amount of urine
.seizures (convulsions)
.severe or watery diarrhea
.skin rash, itching
.swollen joints
.unusual weakness or tiredness
.diarrhea
.gas or heartburn
.nausea, vomiting

Store at room temperature between 15 and 30°C (59 and
86°F).
Okay now for some non-fish Lambrier meds

Biosol Liquid on pg 1 is:

What does neomycin oral solution do?
NEOMYCIN (Mycifradin®) is an aminoglycoside antibiotic. It will
help to prevent bacterial infection during surgery on the bowel.
Neomycin will also help reduce the symptoms of hepatic coma
associated with liver disease. Controls bacterial enteritis.
if you have any of these conditions be careful and research
before taking:
.botulism
.bowel disease, or intestinal blockage (obstruction)
.difficulty hearing
.kidney disease
.myasthenia gravis
.Parkinson's disease
.other chronic illness
.an unusual or allergic reaction to neomycin or other
antibiotics, foods, dyes or preservatives
.pregnant or trying to get pregnant
.breast-feeding

How should I take this medicine?
Take neomycin oral solution by mouth. Follow the directions on
the prescription label. Shake well before use. Use a specially
marked spoon or container to measure your medicine. Ask
your pharmacist if you do not have one; household spoons are not
always accurate.

What other medicines can interact with neomycin?
.cisplatin
.digoxin
.dimenhydrinate
.lactulose
.methoxyflurane
.other antibiotics
.warfarin
.water pills

What side effects may I notice from taking neomycin? Elderly
patients are more likely to get serious side effects. Serious
side effects with neomycin include:
.difficulty hearing
.dizziness
.loss of balance
.increased thirst
.pain or difficulty passing urine
.muscle weakness
.ringing in the ears
.skin rash, itching
.unusual tiredness or weakness
.diarrhea
.headache
.nausea, vomiting

You may get dizzy or have trouble keeping your balance. Until
you know how neomycin affects you, do not drive, use machinery,
or do anything that requires mental alertness.

Store at room temperature between 15 and 30°C (59 and 86°F); do
not freeze.

MSM on pg 6, I prefer the vita flex msm as it is a human grade
supplement, Jeffers is the cheapest source. Our vet told me to
take it and it helps alot, ummm we like even use it on the
horses.
Tylan 200 injectable pg 10 use the swine dosage

Garacin injectable on pg 11 is:

What does gentamicin injection do?
GENTAMICIN (Garamycin®) is an aminoglycoside antibiotic.
Gentamicin injections treat serious infections caused by certain
bacteria. Direct injection of gentamicin into the spinal cord
(intrathecally) treats meningitis.

if you have any of these conditions be careful and research
before taking:
.dehydration
.difficulty hearing
.infant botulism
.kidney disease
.myasthenia gravis
.Parkinson's disease
.other chronic illness
.an unusual or allergic reaction to gentamicin or other
antibiotics,
sulfites, foods, dyes or preservatives
.pregnant or trying to get pregnant
.breast-feeding

How should I use this medicine?
Gentamicin is for injection into a muscle, or infusion into a
vein.

What other medicines can interact with gentamicin?
.acyclovir
.cisplatin
.dimenhydrinate
.indomethacin
.other antibiotics
.ticarcillin
.vancomycin
.water pills

What side effects may I notice from receiving gentamicin?
Elderly patients are more likely to get serious side effects.
Serious side effects with gentamicin include:
.difficulty hearing
.dizziness
.increased thirst
.loss of balance
.muscle weakness
.nausea
.pain or difficulty passing urine
.ringing in the ears
.pain, swelling, and irritation at the injection site
(especially after
intramuscular injection)

You may get dizzy or have trouble keeping your balance; until
you know how gentamicin affects you, do not drive, use
machinery, or do anything that requires mental alertness.

Be aware that for some weeks after you finish a course of
gentamicin you can still get side effects.

Store between 2 and 30°C (36 and 86°F); do not freeze. Do not
use if
solution is discolored or particulate matter is present.

yep, kaopect on pg 11 is exactly what you think it is

valbazen on pg 12 is a wormer used in humans but I don't have
the
dosage handy, when I find it I will post an update
"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"