Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default OT - New Conservative Science Theme Park

"Guido" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:36:33 GMT, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

I should have limited my comment to ID only but I had no idea the number

was
that high.
It's only an opinion, but I think these things reflect a loss of

perspective
in our schools.

These Creartionists, IDers (same thing) ought to be hanged, shot,
guillotined:
http://www.adequacy.org/public/stori...01633.381.html

Hey, Guido, you're really looking at this from the wrong end. If there
weren't so many people going to church on Sunday morning, where would I get
my bagel with scrambled eggs at 7:30 AM on Sundays, huh? Do you think the
bagel shop would be open if these guys could whoop it up all Saturday night
without worrying about dragging their polluted butts into Church before
noon? Eh? Think about it!

And just think about what they'd be doing if they didn't spend all that time
tending their souls. Idle hands are the devil's workshop, Guido. These guys
know explosives. They know how to make really smelly and dangerous things.
What do you think would happen if they had a little more time on their
hands? Do you really want to face that?

I realize that divorce rates are highest among the born-again, but think
about what it would be like if they *weren't* born again. Hell, it would be
bed-hopping polygamy from sea to shining sea. We'd be overrun with little
pagans with nothing to do, but with slingshots in their pockets.

Worst of all, what would the world be like if everyone had nothing to work
with but the stuff that's already inside of him? What if a typical guy
couldn't get a shot of received wisdom once a week, and a book of rules to
live by? Where do you think they'd go when the angst got bad late at night?

What percentage of the population do you think can really make it on their
own steam? They aren't all George W. Bush. They don't have a dad who can
call Billy Graham and ask him to drop by and straighten out their wastrel
son, give him an inoculation against having to face the dark on his own.

Nossir. They've got to figure out what they're gonna do all by themselves.
And you don't want to see the things they're considering. Empty bombshells,
with nothing to guide them, they're going to be trouble if they don't get
religion.

So I'm all for it. I don't like the thought of the other 80% or so of my
countrymen not fearing for their immortal souls. I want them to think about
hellfire a lot. And I'm not kidding.

--
Ed Huntress