Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve

Default Sargon Pathfinder DRO system

I have a chance to purchase a 3 axis Sargon Pathfinder for (asking) $300.
There is a problem with the Y encoder, however being 18" long (I need about
12max), I would have to replace that anyway. The other encoders are the
correct size and in good working order.

It is possible I can repair the encoder reader unit since it appears the
wires have been pulled.

First; what is the reputation of these Pathfinders (circa '90s)? What
features do or don't they offer? Is there a site where I can look at the
manual?

I know that the encoders are the glass type. Could I interchange most any of
the common encoders, I see on eBay?

Can a glass encoder be cut down in length?? Never seen that proposition
discussed here.

Looking forward to comments and experiences.

Steve

Baseboard Hot Water Heating System Question Randy Home Repair 2 December 6th 05 03:37 AM
DRO System Mill/Drill Kenneth A. Emmert Metalworking 11 December 3rd 04 05:28 AM
New system nightmare Victoria UK diy 18 December 23rd 03 12:30 PM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM