Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default OT - Snow

Someone posted & reminded me (Hi,Steve) that it's
Snow Time in the North.

[
Snow Ice Cream
(serves two large portions more)

Have a (clean) fresh thick deposit of new fluffy unblown snow?

in 1 gallon++ container/pot/pan ...
1 can condensed milk
1/4 cup sugar
4 Tbsp Vanilla

Stir until sugar is dissolved.

Take outside & scoop snow from top 2" into container & stir.
Do again until mixture is thick.

Take inside & share.

Next time add more or less sugar & Vanilla based on this batch.
You may also add such things as cocoa powder, chocolate, candy, fruit,
]
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking

When I was a kid I had a book about Eskimos. In that book they
described Eskimo ice cream made from wild blueberries and whale
blubber. I guess if you live half the year inside an ice cube you get
adventurous with whatever is available.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter

Cliff wrote:
Someone posted & reminded me (Hi,Steve) that it's
Snow Time in the North.

[
Snow Ice Cream
(serves two large portions more)

Have a (clean) fresh thick deposit of new fluffy unblown snow?

in 1 gallon++ container/pot/pan ...
1 can condensed milk
1/4 cup sugar
4 Tbsp Vanilla

Stir until sugar is dissolved.

Take outside & scoop snow from top 2" into container & stir.
Do again until mixture is thick.

Take inside & share.

Next time add more or less sugar & Vanilla based on this batch.
You may also add such things as cocoa powder, chocolate, candy, fruit,
]

Remember 'do not eat the yellow snow'!!!!!!!!!
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Charlie Gary

Peter wrote:
Remember 'do not eat the yellow snow'!!!!!!!!!

Cliff wrote:

Snip

Take inside & share.

http://www.bobrivers.com/pickup/index.asp?ID=195254

Play the song.

Later,

Charlie

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

"Cliff" wrote in message
Someone posted & reminded me (Hi,Steve) that it's
Snow Time in the North.

[
Snow Ice Cream
(serves two large portions more)

Have a (clean) fresh thick deposit of new fluffy unblown snow?

in 1 gallon++ container/pot/pan ...
1 can condensed milk
1/4 cup sugar
4 Tbsp Vanilla

Stir until sugar is dissolved.

Take outside & scoop snow from top 2" into container & stir.
Do again until mixture is thick.

Take inside & share.

Next time add more or less sugar & Vanilla based on this batch.
You may also add such things as cocoa powder, chocolate, candy, fruit,
]
--
Cliff

I'm not sure how clean even fresh-fallen snow is in the industrial NE. Don't
think I'd serve it to my kids.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

"ATP*" wrote in
:

I'm not sure how clean even fresh-fallen snow is in the industrial NE.
Don't think I'd serve it to my kids.

Then don't feed them fish. They live in the melt/rain water.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/health/chi-
0512110439dec11,1,1093281.story

--

Dan

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

I thought it was some drips of sugar maple out of the boiling tank!
Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Cliff wrote:
Someone posted & reminded me (Hi,Steve) that it's
Snow Time in the North.

[
Snow Ice Cream
(serves two large portions more)

Have a (clean) fresh thick deposit of new fluffy unblown snow?

in 1 gallon++ container/pot/pan ...
1 can condensed milk
1/4 cup sugar
4 Tbsp Vanilla

Stir until sugar is dissolved.

Take outside & scoop snow from top 2" into container & stir.
Do again until mixture is thick.

Take inside & share.

Next time add more or less sugar & Vanilla based on this batch.
You may also add such things as cocoa powder, chocolate, candy, fruit,
]

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Scheldroup

"ATP*" wrote in message ...

"Cliff" wrote in message ...
[...]

No problem ATP, I am sure of our snow up here in NW WI, on the great
lake superior is mostly clean, why would you like to buy some snow for
your ice cream ?

John

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim

I live on the East side of Cleveland downwind from the industrial flats
and our snow is contaminated with soot. I once required large
quantities of distilled water and figured snow was basically the same
thing in frozen form. I needed a new garbage can, so I bought one,
rinsed it out and placed it in the basement. When we had a heavy snow
fall, I carried the can out into the yard and shovelled it full of the
top few inches of snow. I was careful to avoid the lawn underneath. I
carried the can back into the house and later added more snow using a
clean 5 gallon plastic bucket. By the time I had melted enough snow to
produce 20 gallons of water, I saw it was contaminated with a
surprisingly large amount of soot. So the quality of the snow depends
on where you live.

Jim Koch, Cleveland

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:39:35 -0500, "ATP*"
wrote:

I'm not sure how clean even fresh-fallen snow is in the industrial NE. Don't
think I'd serve it to my kids.

You probably need a fast heavy snowfall. The first two inches or so
filter the air ... just use the top two inches.

Don't worry about it much anyway .. after all, they BREATHE that
air anyway, year after year, right?
And, per the neocons, that stuff's vitamins that are good for them
anyway.

Seen where the wealthy wingers vacation?
--
Cliff

Snowblowers Szeifried Home Repair 8 December 12th 05 04:12 PM
Snow Blower - Made in China [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 24th 05 03:36 AM
Snow throwers - plastic impeller ok? and other questions (LONG) [email protected] Home Ownership 1 September 28th 05 03:23 PM
Snow storms hit USA Stormin Mormon Home Repair 1 January 10th 05 04:08 PM
Purposely Funny Alt.Home.Repair Posts [email protected] Home Repair 11 December 19th 04 11:42 PM