Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Sheldon lathe question

How are the older sheldon lathes? I don't see a whole lot on ebay so getting
an idea of the going rate is hard. I am looking at what the seller thinks is
a 12" swing, I will be looking saturday.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ

My buddy has a 10"x24" with the double lever/hot shift. Vintage 50's I
think. Came out of a high school shop. Much better lathe than my
equivilent Logan. He didn't get much tooling with it, I've been trying
to con him into a swap.

wayne mak wrote:
How are the older sheldon lathes? I don't see a whole lot on ebay so getting
an idea of the going rate is hard. I am looking at what the seller thinks is
a 12" swing, I will be looking saturday.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

wayne mak wrote:
How are the older sheldon lathes? I don't see a whole lot on ebay so getting
an idea of the going rate is hard. I am looking at what the seller thinks is
a 12" swing, I will be looking saturday.

You need to define "older", as they've been out of business for quite
some time, about 25 years at least. They are all well-built machines,
although they made several classes of machines, from light, better
hobby-grade machines to the finest toolmaker's machines.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

I looked at them today, 2 lathes for the price of one. Both came out of a
school, don't look to bad but they also don't seem to have much resale on
ebay.
"Jon Elson" wrote in message
wayne mak wrote:
How are the older sheldon lathes? I don't see a whole lot on ebay so
getting an idea of the going rate is hard. I am looking at what the
seller thinks is a 12" swing, I will be looking saturday.

You need to define "older", as they've been out of business for quite
some time, about 25 years at least. They are all well-built machines,
although they made several classes of machines, from light, better
hobby-grade machines to the finest toolmaker's machines.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

I have decided I will buy tham and sell one. I THINK its a 12" swing not a
real long bed. Nice lathe for sure.
ink.net...

Sheldon lathe guys Bill Metalworking 9 April 17th 20 12:32 AM
Market Research Question -- Sakai ML 360 Lathe Steve Koschmann Metalworking 4 June 17th 05 04:58 PM
Dumb Question -- Atlas lathe bearing headplay [email protected] Metalworking 10 April 15th 05 12:12 AM
Lathe Question Jack Metalworking 29 February 9th 04 01:50 AM
FS - Sheldon lathe bed anthony Metalworking 1 October 8th 03 02:33 AM