Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew Mawson

Default Dumb "current transformer" questions

"Ignoramus29580" wrote in
message ...
Let's say that I have a cable and I want to measure the AC current
going through it. Up to, say, 100 amps.

I could use a current transformer, right?

If I have a say 200:1 current transformer, then on a 100 amp AC
current it would want to produce a 0.5 amp current. Then if I stick,
say, a 1 ohm resistor across it, it would produce 0.5*1 = 0.5 volts
AC across the resistor.

Is that right?

Yes

AWEM