Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Erik

Default No good deed goes unpunished

In article P8rnf.2859$Ev.1988@fed1read06,
"SteveB" wrote:

I agreed last week to sell some things on ebay that my neighbor considered
worthless.

Now that they are sold, he is complaining about the price. The selling
prices are right in there with the completed items prices.

A recent thread asked why people don't trade fair on ebay. My question is
why do people ask you to sell things that they have rotting in their garage,
then bitch about the selling price? Or the % you want for your time?

I have sold my last item for a friend on ebay. I won't even buy an item to
sell, because they might find out that THEY wanted (and I gave them) $10 for
the item, and I sold it for $20. Fergeddabout the items I bought for $10,
and couldn't/didn't sell. That's different!

I now give lessons on how to ebay. Price - $200 per day.

If it is so Goddamned easy and a person can make so much money, YOU DO IT!

If you do ebay, don't tell anyone.

Steve

I saw pretty much this exact same scenario play out between two neighbor
ladies a while back... I remember thinking how glad I was not to be
involved. Those two, once close friends glare and snap at one other a
good bit now. It's sad really... they're the only two 'ripples' in our
otherwise tranquil neighborhood.

Erik

PS, Along the same lines, another good bit of advise is to never sell a
used car to a friend or neighbor... It'll come back to haunt you every
time.