Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

Default battery question

I ask this question here because between everyone we have the sum of human
knowledge ............

I bought some nimh rechargeable batteries and a charger for my camera. They
are AA 1.5 v. size.

When I need to test batteries, I use a pretty good Craftsman tester. On
alkaline batteries, when new, they test up to 1.6 volts. I had some of
these nimh batteries on charge for a good while on an automatic charger.
The indicator light had gone out, indicating a full charge.

I wanted to see how much they read. They read from 1.42 to 1.45 volts. Is
this normal? Do they just last longer, but don't charge up as much? I know
they last a LOT longer in my GPS, and have saved me money already in
batteries. In my radios, the nimh runs circles around alkalines or nicd for
lasting.

Just curious.

Steve