Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default OT Odds in solitaire

Check my thinking please. I'm playing solitaire and two cards with the
same number and color are on different stacks. One stack has more
cards than the other. Which one should be played? I think the taller
stack. The odds that a particular card will come up seems like it
should be the same no matter which is picked. But the odds that a
particular card would be in a certain stack would seem to favor the
stack with the most cards just because there are more cards to choose
from. Example: I'm looking for the ace of spades. I have two stacks,
one with just two cards and one with seven cards. Since there are
seven chances in the larger stack it would seem that the tall stack
should be the one to choose from. Am I wrong?
Thanks,
Eric