Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
kb1_kanobe

Default Correct motor pulley/sheave size for Atlas 7" metal shaper?

Hi all,
We recently acquired a 7" Atlas shaper in reasonably good condition,
but without motor. We're installing a 1/2hp 1725rpm 3 phase Baldor as a
replacement but, even armed with the Atlas Repair Parts List brochure,
are uncertain of the correct motor sheave diameter for the machine.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Kris Boutilier

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Moore

On mine, the pulley on the motor is a 2" outside dimension. The motor is a
Walker-Turner 1725 rpm, 1/2 hp, single phase. Hope this helps.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"kb1_kanobe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,
We recently acquired a 7" Atlas shaper in reasonably good condition,
but without motor. We're installing a 1/2hp 1725rpm 3 phase Baldor as a
replacement but, even armed with the Atlas Repair Parts List brochure,
are uncertain of the correct motor sheave diameter for the machine.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Kris Boutilier

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
kb1_kanobe

Thanks Ron, that did the trick.

For those who may come seeking the same information later; assuming
that you're using the original stepped pulleys you'll probably do well
with a Dayco #15300 automotive V-belt. Assuming a 2" pulley on the
motor and the original pulley on the jack shaft, a Dayco #15260 belt
also works well and will allow the belt to slip cleanly when the clutch
is disengaged.

question jr Metalworking 17 August 30th 05 01:37 AM
Google Desktop Problems indexing Netscape mails hampi Metalworking 0 June 7th 05 02:08 PM
FS- Atlas 7B metal shaper $700 Dave August Metalworking 7 February 27th 05 04:29 AM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM