Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Keith Marshall

Default More sad news...

Apparently Roy of American Hot Rod, about the only person on the show that
actually knew anything about metal, has passed away. The following message
was posted on the Discovery Channel message board on October 27th:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Hello everyone,

This is a post I really don't want to write and it is being done with great
sadness. Roy's wife, Laura, had been battling an illness for quite sometime,
and last week she succumbed to that illness and passed away. She and Roy
were soul mates and needless to say that devastated Roy. Last night Roy
joined her in Heaven. He passed away ending his bought with lung cancer.

We wanted to let all of you who wrote in know that Roy did get your
messages. He, as well as his family and all of us at Boyd Coddington's
Garage appreciated all your thoughts and prayers. Roy was very special to us
and he will be sorely missed.

May God bless Roy and Laura.

Thank you Roy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Apparently he was diagnosed near the end of the Make-A-Wish build and though
I didn't notice it he was shown in a wheelchair in the background on the
last show of the season.

When Gary Woodford of Milwaukee Iron (the show was Southern Steel) died
their site had a tribute up amost immediately. I found out about Gary
because they threw up a message at the end of the show saying "In loving
memory of Gary Woodford". It wasn't a new show, just a morning rerun.

Roy died over a month ago and I can't find any mention of it on the Boyd
Coddington site. :-( When the person who posted the above message was asked
about it he replied that they never thought of it. I just watched one of
their shows and there was no message about it at the end or anything. :-(

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Art

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:02:16 GMT, "Keith Marshall"
wrote:

Apparently Roy of American Hot Rod, about the only person on the show that

.... stuff deleted ...

When Gary Woodford of Milwaukee Iron (the show was Southern Steel) died
their site had a tribute up amost immediately. I found out about Gary
because they threw up a message at the end of the show saying "In loving
memory of Gary Woodford". It wasn't a new show, just a morning rerun.

Same thing with Indian Larry. They ran all the shows he had appeared
in and put up the "in memmory of" screen.

Hmm... four discovery channel personalities in a bit over a year:
Indian Larry, Tim Roberts from Wing Nuts, Gary Woodford, and Roy of
American Hotrod.