Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Awesomewiz

Default Dyna Mechtronics Forum update

I have put up a Yahoo groups for Dyna Mechtronics support over 6 months ago
as a temp fix until I got a good server. I finally have done that and just
have put up my forum. Please tell me what you think.
www.professorwiz.com
click on the forum link on the left side of the page.
Russ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Grimm

I'd like to get more use of my dyna 2400 mill.
that little control is a pain to program.
I did try programming it using a post that is now on bobcad's website, and
it seemed to wrok ok.
the operation is still a bit clumsy.
a retrofit would be sweeet...

"Awesomewiz" wrote in message
I have put up a Yahoo groups for Dyna Mechtronics support over 6 months ago
as a temp fix until I got a good server. I finally have done that and just
have put up my forum. Please tell me what you think.
www.professorwiz.com
click on the forum link on the left side of the page.
Russ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Awesomewiz

I know Ah-ha has one, but looking mine over I'm going to switch it using the
existing steppers on the unit and go though TurboCNC. I unhooked 1 axis and
played with it using a Gecko Microstepper drive and it worked well. I could
get it to repeat within about .0002" over 12" pretty easy. I'm sure with a
little more work I can get it more accurate than that, but I could only get
20ipm in microstep mode. Faster than I usually mill unless I'm 3ding.
Russ