Andrew Mawson

Default Single Phase condensor start motor

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi All
I asked in UK group, but didn't get any replies, so wondered if

someone here
might help.

I have a Myford ML7 runing on 240v 50hz Single phase.
I want to be able to reverse the direction of motor running for when

I'm
cutting metric threads.

Right now I currently have a single on/off switch in the Live wire

from the
plug to
an elec junction that joins a wire to a cap (then onto Z1) and

another wire
to U1.
Black goes from plug to junction for wires to U2 and Z2.

I don't have a drum switch avail but I do have a nice plastic box in

which I
was going to mount a Main on/off switch (sw1) and a DPST rocker
switch to use as fw / rev. I have these switches already
so if this works it's a cheap solution for me.

I've attached a jpg of my planned wiring, could someone with an elec
background confirm it looks OK. Basically I'll use SW1 to turn
lathe on/off Sw2 will be left up most of the time to
give forward motion. When I need to reverse, I'll turn
off SW1, switch SW2, and the turn SW1 back on.
and lathe (Myford ML7 240v Single phase 1/3 hp motor) will
run in reverse.

FWIW the switches are illuminated ones, so the green(sw1) will go on

with
the lathe the RED (sw2) will go on when it's switched to reverse.

Did I get my wiring concept right?

Thx in advance for any help.

Well I saw some replies !

AWEM