DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cupla belt Q's--variable-speed pulleys (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/128658-cupla-belt-qs-variable-speed-pulleys.html)

Proctologically Violated©® November 10th 05 01:30 AM

Cupla belt Q's--variable-speed pulleys

Awl--

Man, are these things goddamm expensive! $50 and up!!
MSC/McM have them, but not in this size.
1626V455, which means: 16 one-sixteenths wide (ie, 1"), 26 degree sides,
44.5" circum; it measures 3/8 thick, looks like a timing belt, is actually
called a cog belt, but for variable speed pulleys (rockwell drillpress
type).

Any leads on a supplier? I've got google leads, but wonder if anyone has
suppliers they like.

I'm also wondering if this is indeed the right belt for these variable speed
pulleys. These belts come in a variety of angles, 22, 26, 30, etc. I
wonder how one tells just what angle their particular variable speed sheaves
require.
Also wonder if other type belts might substutute, but it doesn't seem so
from the MSC/McM collection.

Ahm doin a lot of wonderin lately. :) :(
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

michael November 10th 05 02:47 AM

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
[...]

Motion Industries? I think they are nationwide.

Bearing Belt Chain? Western US. Saved *a buncha money* when I needed
something similar to what you seek.

michael

Ned Simmons November 10th 05 03:23 AM

Cupla belt Q's--variable-speed pulleys

In article ,
says...
Awl--

Man, are these things goddamm expensive! $50 and up!!
MSC/McM have them, but not in this size.
1626V455, which means: 16 one-sixteenths wide (ie, 1"), 26 degree sides,
44.5" circum; it measures 3/8 thick, looks like a timing belt, is actually
called a cog belt, but for variable speed pulleys (rockwell drillpress
type).

Any leads on a supplier? I've got google leads, but wonder if anyone has
suppliers they like.

My price from my regular PT distributor is $33.07 for a
Gates 1626V455. They treat me pretty well, but you should
be able to come within a few dollars of that price at any
bearing house that'll take your cash.

Ned Simmons

Proctologically Violated©® November 10th 05 02:07 PM

Cupla belt Q's--variable-speed pulleys

Ned,
You used the exact same belt?? For a Rockwell DP or sumpn else?
Funny that MSC don't carry this size--not even close. There's gotta be more
than a few of these DPs floating around...

I'll also check out Motion.

Many thanks.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Ned Simmons November 10th 05 02:47 PM

Cupla belt Q's--variable-speed pulleys

In article ,
says...
Ned,
You used the exact same belt?? For a Rockwell DP or sumpn else?
Funny that MSC don't carry this size--not even close. There's gotta be more
than a few of these DPs floating around...

I'll also check out Motion.

I haven't used that belt, but I can see prices and
inventory online. Motion has the Gates belt in stock.

Ned Simmons