DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aluminum tubing fittings. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/128132-aluminum-tubing-fittings.html)

[email protected] November 6th 05 02:50 PM

Aluminum tubing fittings.

I looking at producing miniature football goals for kids using aluminum
tubing. Is there an aluminum equilivant for the metal castings (the
ones with allen grub securing screws) in aluminum??

PL

[email protected] November 6th 05 05:27 PM

Aluminum tubing fittings.

Check out the small boat repair businesses and perhaps the travel
trailer/motor home repair places.

Several years I inherited a boat from my father and started to restore
it. Had aluminum tube rail in front 1/2 of the boat. Was in pretty bad
shape. I found all the tube and fixtures, angle and tee, that I needed
at a boat repair shop.

Good luck with your project!

Paul

carl mciver November 9th 05 06:05 AM

Aluminum tubing fittings.

Go look in the EMT electrical conduit section of your big box store.
You might find something that works for you, since EMT can be joined with
either grub screw fittings or compression fittings.

Brian Lawson November 10th 05 08:19 PM

Aluminum tubing fittings.

"habbi" wrote in message
| Some commercial tents are held up with aluminum poles and fitting like you
| describe
|
| wrote in message
| oups.com...
| I looking at producing miniature football goals for kids using aluminum
| tubing. Is there an aluminum equilivant for the metal castings (the
| ones with allen grub securing screws) in aluminum??
|
| PL

Ask for "pull 90's", as they are stronger than the regular 90's.
Available in "T's" also.