Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SomeBody

Default Generator cooling tower tank?

I have put together a diesel generator set, can be seen at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jeffgnu/my_photos

I am wanting to convert the hopper cooling system to a thermo cooling
tower.

The principle of operation of thermo cooling can be seen he

http://www.chilipepperapp.com/tscs.htm

I have a few questions on the construction of this
tank and want to run it by the group.

The genset will have a 195F thermostat installed, the cooling tank will
be a closed system. I plan on using a 2" black pipe with screw cap as a
filler neck in the top of the tank. This cap will be only hand tight.

Would I need to install a pressure relief value of sorts to prevent an
accident? Could a radiator cap be used instead of a pressure relief
valve?

Do they make a filler neck flange to mount to the top of the tank?

--
A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD XP2500+ (Un-locked)
2x256mb Crucial PC3200 DDR ram