Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
bill

Default FA: traser watch - good for jewelry project because of tritium light generators

I know some of you folks make really cool jewelry - I put a Traser
watch up for auction on e-bay - the watch doesn't work (of course you
could fix it, it has a standard movement), but another cool use would
be to disassemble it and collect the small glass vials that are filled
with tritum and lined with a phosphor - they glow pretty brightly (you
can read by the light from the watch if you are fully dark adapted) and
so they ought to be useful in a jewelry application of some kind -
there are 16 total tubes in the watch (one for each hour positoin, one
on each hand, and one more on the rotating dial).

here's the link if you are interested (well, actually, here's the link
whether you are interested or not)

If someone from the group here does get it, I'd love to see pictures of
what you do (unless you just fix it and use it, in which case I already
know what it looks like)

wiring confusion/ouside light James UK diy 1 May 25th 05 04:07 AM
Inground spa light replac barry martin Home Repair 0 October 14th 04 12:30 AM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM
O-T light bulb Fuddzy Woodworking 2 January 15th 04 04:43 PM
Unisaw restoration project: good idea or money pit? Heath Roberts Woodworking 21 December 3rd 03 11:57 PM