DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for Alumina Ceramics Rods manufacturer. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/12779-looking-alumina-ceramics-rods-manufacturer.html)

alexkuzn November 10th 03 10:35 PM

Looking for Alumina Ceramics Rods manufacturer.

I am looking for Alumina Ceramics Rods manufacturer or wholesaler in US.
(not McMaster)
Those rods are used for knife sharpening.
I need 1/2 diam 8" long rods. Fine and medium grit.

Thanks,
Alex

Andy Dingley November 11th 03 12:03 AM

Looking for Alumina Ceramics Rods manufacturer.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:35:43 GMT, alexkuzn
wrote:

I am looking for Alumina Ceramics Rods manufacturer or wholesaler in US.
(not McMaster)
Those rods are used for knife sharpening.

Try Lee Valley. They do a knife sharpener kit with a couple of rods
in it, about that size.

tomcas November 11th 03 12:28 AM

Looking for Alumina Ceramics Rods manufacturer.

I'm not sure if you are looking for machinable rods or abrasive rods but
Mcmaster has both.
Abrasive-
http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/loadpage...arpening+Stone

Machinable-
http://www.mcmaster.com/param/asp/de...cat e+Ceramic
.com...

David Billington November 11th 03 12:32 AM

Looking for Alumina Ceramics Rods manufacturer.

Not entirely sure if these people will do what you want be they do a
variety of alumina products www.earthfirewater.com

David Billington November 11th 03 12:37 AM

Wrong URL Looking for Alumina Ceramics Rods manufacturer.

Not entirely sure if these people will do what you want be they do a
variety of alumina products www.earthwaterfire.com