DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hobart CyberTig foot pedal problems (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/127539-re-hobart-cybertig-foot-pedal-problems.html)

Martin H. Eastburn November 2nd 05 01:09 AM

Hobart CyberTig foot pedal problems

Could it be both male male had the male pinout not the female pinout - mirror image ?

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Ignoramus4939 wrote:
I have this Hobart CyberTig:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...berTig-Welder/

It has two Amphenol connectors, the big fat one for pendant and a 10
pin one for foot pedal.

I bought a 10 pin foot pedal off ebay. Unfortunately, both the foot
pedal as well as my connector on the welder, were male. I bought a 10
pin Amphenol socket, wrote down the current pinout, and unsoldered old
plug and re-soldered the wires to the new socket. I wrote down the
exact pinout, etc etc. I double checked things numerous times.

The trouble is that the pedal seems to have no effect whatsoever. The
valves do not "click", etc.

Before I go on an all out troubleshooting effort, perhaps someone
could point out something obvious that I am missing. I can supply
pictures of the pedal or the welder etc.