Clif Holland

Default nk

Look at your pictures. You already have it.

--

Clif

"Ignoramus21002" wrote in message
People, I really need help here. If you answer, please make sure that
your reply is xposted to rec.crafts.metalworking.

I have this motorcycle engine and I urgently need to FIND WHERE THE
VIN NUMBER IS STAMPED ON IT. I looked kind of closely and couldnot
find anything.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/suzuki-motor/

Where should I look for VIN?

Thanks a lot. If you know anything about these engines, plz reply.

woodworker88

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/suzuki-motor/dscf0005.jpg

Try right in the middle of the photo.

T3

Ignoramus21002 wrote:
On 27 Oct 2005 21:22:39 -0700, woodworker88 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/suzuki-motor/dscf0005.jpg

Try right in the middle of the photo.

That's not a VIN number. Sorry. VIN is a Vehicle Identification
Number, it has 17 characters.

I need a real answer.

Yes, and as the man told you, it will be on the frame! Dude, the law
knows exactly where the VIN's are, it's their job, giving it to them
just may get your ass thrown in jail for GTA, or possession of stolen
property! That's about as real as I can be...
T3

Ignoramus21002 wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 04:49:35 GMT, T3 wrote:
Ignoramus21002 wrote:
On 27 Oct 2005 21:22:39 -0700, woodworker88 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/suzuki-motor/dscf0005.jpg

Try right in the middle of the photo.

That's not a VIN number. Sorry. VIN is a Vehicle Identification
Number, it has 17 characters.

I need a real answer.

Yes, and as the man told you, it will be on the frame! Dude, the law
knows exactly where the VIN's are, it's their job, giving it to them
just may get your ass thrown in jail for GTA, or possession of stolen
property! That's about as real as I can be...

I do not need legal BS. I received this engine out of the blue by
fedex with no return address. I called the detective myself. I cannot
see being legally lliable for anything and have no interest in
debating that.

I am sorry, I need an answer to my question, not wrong guesses about
the law.

I am sorry to be so snippy, but I need this number by tomorrow. It
should be on the engine. It is stamped in several places on vehicles
to deter theft.

Dude, I'll type slow this time, ok? If you know someone at Suzuki and
have some time to spend on the phone, you might be able to find out what
the VIN# of the bike was that the engine was initially put in, as they
are "sometimes"(not always)cross referenced. The cops and insurance
companies damn sure can, you, I don't know. If by some chance you do
come up with a VIN# of a bike that has been stolen, you could be charged
with possession of stolen property and I am in the business! I find it a
little hard to believe FedEx delivered that motor and had no return addy
for it, or record of who paid to ship it, if so, it would be the first
time I ever heard of such a thing happening, btw, the law knows that
too! I would be very careful if I were you....
SteveB

"Ignoramus21002" wrote

I received this engine out of the blue by
fedex with no return address. I called the detective myself.

Say what? Isn't FedEx required by federal laws to do so?

Steve

woodworker88

No, a vehicle id is part of the frame of the vehicle. On a car it
might be stamped into the engine compartment but not on the engine
itself. The engine serial number identifies the engine itself, and a
database should have the vin it corresponds to. Think if you wanted to
put a new engine into an old bike, the new engine would have a
different vin. So a serial number can be assigned to any vin