monkers

Default plans for woodstoves??

I was wondering if anyone has any plans for wood stoves? What type of
draft system is used, can you install a glass door etc...
thanks,
Craig

Jim & Lil

"monkers" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was wondering if anyone has any plans for wood stoves? What type of
draft system is used, can you install a glass door etc...
thanks,
Craig

Hello Craig....here is a plan for a woodstove right here at this site:

http://woodstoves.plan.org.sv/construction.htm

I must add though that liabilities are involved with making your own
woodstove. I know that I personally had problems with a woodstove in getting
insurance. My woodstove in a detached shop I was using did not have a UL
rating on it. (Underwriters laboratory tag had fallen off)
This is what insurance companies look for when insuring a
dewlling. I had to remove the stove to get insurance on the contents of that
building.
I am a welder and have my own business running a mobile welding
truck. I was asked by several people to repair cracks in woodstoves. I had
to refuse as I would void the UL rating on it once I struck an arc on it.
My point being that if it's for your ice fishing shack then it's a
good idea and probably a fun project....if your going to use it in your home
say goodbye to your insurance...Hope I was of some help here...Jim

madhat

Check the Lincoln Electric Foundation books, "Arc Welded Projects" 1, 2, 3
etc. There is a stove or two in each if memory serves.
Some local libraries have them or can get them via interlibrary loans. Ours
was willing to buy them, back in the 80's all I had to do was ask.

good luck,
madhattter

--
Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some
days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed

Hunter S. Thompson

rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 6 of 10 - Plans Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 05 08:30 AM
Peg-gear-clock Plans - Woodworking Plans peg-gear-clock Woodturning 0 December 11th 03 11:10 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM
Protecting Designs WoodJunkie Woodworking 3 August 4th 03 02:08 PM