Gunner

Default Metalurgy FAQ

This may be of interest :

http://home.sprynet.com/~monel/metallurgy_faq_v11.htm

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Gunner

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:06:17 +0100, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

Gunner, this is great, I hope he does more.
Steve
"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
This may be of interest :

http://home.sprynet.com/~monel/metallurgy_faq_v11.htm

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals

are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

If you like it...drop the man an email and thank him, and ask him to
write more. The dude Does know his stuff G

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry
Doc

wrote:

Gunner, this is great, I hope he does more.
Steve
"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
This may be of interest :

http://home.sprynet.com/~monel/metallurgy_faq_v11.htm

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals

are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

If you like it...drop the man an email and thank him, and ask him to
write more. The dude Does know his stuff G

Gunner

I got a ton of email. Thanks to all.

I started coming here in 1995 but dropped out around Y2K. There was 500-800
posts a day then. I've always liked the posts like "boiling the tannic acid
out of acorns to make them edible" or "clarifying butter for longer storage"
and threads like that. The biggest reason I left was threads like "Which gun
is better", "MRE's suck" or "What's the best things to have in a bug-out
bag". And the biggest reason was the political threads. Heck, any sane
person knows that Liberal/Leftist people are morons! ;-)

Mac or PC?

I wrote the Metallurgical FAQ to impart the basic knowledge to use
metallurgy for TEOTWAWKI. IE, where to find certain grades of steel and how
to heat treat them. Knowing what happens to steel when you heat it and cool
it at different rates will allow you to make knives and other tools.

(Oh yeah, the "which knife is better" thread! OY!)

Thanks everyone for the kudos. I've had the same email address for 12 years.
I'm not going anywhere. :-)

Drake

A.T. Hagan

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:32:52 GMT, "Doc"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Gunner, this is great, I hope he does more.
Steve
"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Well hey, Drake! Long time, no see.

......Alan.

--
Curiosity killed the cat -
lack of it is killing mankind.

Orrin Iseminger

Welcome back!

Thank you for the metalurgy writeup. I read part of it, yesterday,
and quickly concluded it's a keeper, worthy of some serious study.
I'll be printing it out for future reference and study.

Best regards,

Orrin