Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim

Default Newbie Question; Cold Rolled Steel bar

I have a shop making a digging tool which I resell. They use CRS 1".
My customers want to know what it would take to bend this bar if they pry
with it.
short of immobilizing one end of the bar in a horizontal position and adding
weights to the end of it, how can I describe it's "bendability"? *and*
where can I find that info?
I realize there are a lot of variables, like how long the bar is (48"), and
the range of temper and tensile strength it reached during it's manf., but
given all the above, what would it take to bend this bar?

Thanks for your input.
Jim