R.H.

Default What is it? LXXXIII

A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Norman D. Crow

"R.H." wrote in message
A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

478 All purpose scout tool. Compass, signal mirror, etc.
479 ?
480 Grain cradle scythe.
481 You didn't include size, so . . . a wooden plate, or a cork from a
jug of Maple Syrup.
482 ?
483 Pike pole? Used by "pond man" moving logs around in a sawmill pond.

--
Nahmie
Stupidity is not considered a handicap, park elsewhere.

Dale Scroggins

Norman D. Crow wrote:
"R.H." wrote in message

A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

478 All purpose scout tool. Compass, signal mirror, etc.
479 ?
480 Grain cradle scythe.
481 You didn't include size, so . . . a wooden plate, or a cork from a
jug of Maple Syrup.
482 ?
483 Pike pole? Used by "pond man" moving logs around in a sawmill pond.

478 Looks like, in addition to the compass and mirror, it can be used
as a sextant and altimeter.

479 Falconer's hood?

480 I agree.

481 Bowling pin, from above.

482 Whistle or kazoo?

483 I agree.
bremen68

A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

snip

478 -- Mariners Compass
479 -- Falconer's Hood
480 -- Hay/Grain Rake
481 -- Bowling Pin Top down photo
482 -- Old Steamer?
483 -- Fishing Pike?

Dave Balderstone

In article , R.H.
wrote:

A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

478 - Compass/solar clock?
480 - hay rake
481 - control on an old video game console?
483 - log hook used by log drivers building log booms

Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

478 - Pocket transit, e.g.:
http://www.stanleylondon.com/brunton.htm

Ned Simmons
Karl Vorwerk

Beat me to it by half an hour.
Karl

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

478 - Pocket transit, e.g.:
http://www.stanleylondon.com/brunton.htm

Ned Simmons

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

481 -- top view of a bowling pin

Lloyd

humunculus

480: Cradle Scythe http://tinyurl.com/abrwe
483: Ice hook? http://tinyurl.com/bu2lu

--humunculus

humunculus

482: Top off on old pressure cooker?

Michael Houghton

Howdy!

478: a compass with extra bits for making more precise sightings
479: beats me
480: a scythe for cutting and gathering grain
481: bowling pin from the top
482: looks sort of like some sort of fluidics doohickey
483: tool for moving big chunks of ice around

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix
Bowie, MD, USA | Tablet and Inkle bands, and other stuff

http://www.radix.net/~herveus/wwap/
Jon Danniken

"R.H." wrote:
A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

481 is a bowling pin
483 looks like a hand-held climbing gaff?

Jon
axolotl

R.H. wrote:
A new set of photos has been posted:

482. The oldest nebulizer head on the planet.

Dave Balderstone

In article , Jon Danniken
wrote:

481 is a bowling pin

Obvious, now that all of you have pointed it out...

djb

DoN. Nichols

According to R.H. :
A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again.

478) Surveyor's compass. Originally carried by explorers from the
UK, IIRC.

It has an ability built in to measure height (angle measurement
and level) as well as to act as a compass.

I have an import copy of this, but yours looks like an original.

479) Hmm ... a very old infant's shoe?

480) Sythe with cradle to catch the wheat (or other grain) as it is cut.

481) Hmm ... no clue as to the size other than the texture of the
carpet beneath it. Maple leaf logo. Could it perhaps be a
curling stone? Or perhaps a hockey puck? Is that center part
concave or convex?

482) Not really sure. Perhaps a water whistle, with the projection
at the top being the mouthpiece?

483) Perhaps another of those precursors to a Peavy which were
discussed previously? Something used in logging, at least?

Now to see what others have guessed.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Rich Grise

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:06:33 -0600, Dave Balderstone wrote:

In article , Jon Danniken
wrote:

481 is a bowling pin

Obvious, now that all of you have pointed it out...

All of my cow-orkers looked over my cubicle walls to see what
I'd done when I read the answer to this one. "Oh! Yeah! Of
Course!!!! cubicle gophers pop up Oops - never mind." ;-)

I was going to guess "trackball", but the stria make it
clear that that's not it. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Rich Grise

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:24:50 +0000, DoN. Nichols wrote:

479) Hmm ... a very old infant's shoe?

At what age does an infant become "very old?" ;-P

Cheers!
Rich

"Time flies like an arrow..."
"There are no spiders that eat bananas that are venomous."

Rich Grise

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:40:32 +0000, R.H. wrote:

A new set of photos has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

482: Bong. ;-)

Or maybe an old shaving cream dispenser.

Thanks!
Rich

Carl G.

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:24:50 +0000, DoN. Nichols wrote:

479) Hmm ... a very old infant's shoe?

At what age does an infant become "very old?" ;-P

When they are old enough to join the infantry?

Carl G.

R.H.

All have been correctly identified this week, I thought that there was going
to be one unanswered for this set until Rich G. came through in the clutch
on number 482:

478. Surveyor's compass

479. Hood for a falcon

480. Hay cradle or cradle scythe

481. Mapledge bowling pin

482. Shaving cream dispenser

483. Ice pike or Ice hook

A few more photos and links can be found on the answer page:

http://pzphotosan86w.blogspot.com/

Rob

Rich Grise

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:09:56 +0000, R.H. wrote:

All have been correctly identified this week, I thought that there was going
to be one unanswered for this set until Rich G. came through in the clutch
on number 482:

Finally! I Got One!! O Frabjous Day, Callooh Callay! :-) :-) :-)

Thanks!
Rich

478. Surveyor's compass

479. Hood for a falcon

480. Hay cradle or cradle scythe

481. Mapledge bowling pin

482. Shaving cream dispenser

483. Ice pike or Ice hook

A few more photos and links can be found on the answer page:

http://pzphotosan86w.blogspot.com/

Rob

Rich, Under the Affluence

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:48:25 +0000, Steve Peterson wrote:

He chortled in his joy.

And with his vorpal sword in hand, he went galumphing back. %-)

Congrats.

Thanks! :-)
Rich

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:09:56 +0000, R.H. wrote:

All have been correctly identified this week, I thought that there was
going
to be one unanswered for this set until Rich G. came through in the
clutch
on number 482:

Finally! I Got One!! O Frabjous Day, Callooh Callay! :-) :-) :-)

Thanks!
Rich

humunculus

Hey, I got one too!