Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default ARC Welder Power

I recently bought a used arc welder that runs on 230V AC, 60Hz, single
phase. It did not come with a male plug, so I purchased one (see
http://home.cogeco.ca/~dmikula2/P1010590.JPG). Unfortunately, the
diameter of the power cord on the welder is too small to be clamped
down by the male plug (see
http://home.cogeco.ca/~dmikula2/P1010591.JPG). Also, the female outlet
I was hoping to use requires 4 prongs (see
http://home.cogeco.ca/~dmikula2/P1010592.JPG). Can I buy a 4 prong male
plug and use it in this female outlet? If so, how would I wire it to
the welder's power cord? Why is the power cord on the welder so thin
compared with other heavy appliances in my home such as the dryer cable?

Power Supply Repair fernando1222 Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 09:18 PM
PC power related questions [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 May 20th 05 11:28 PM
Power surges Cheryl Home Repair 54 June 25th 04 08:50 PM
Power surges 1/ 2 barry martin Home Repair 0 June 5th 04 10:48 AM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 10:51 PM