DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bandsaw (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/12390-bandsaw.html)

Ted Cary October 20th 03 02:45 PM

bandsaw

Bought an OLD Emerson power metal cutting bandsaw and been trying to
cut some
3 x 2 box bout 14 ga but can't get it to cut straight. I've
adjusted the guides every way possible, but can't seem to get it
right. Of course I don't have the manual. Anybody know how it should
be done?? Thanks Ted

Lane October 20th 03 05:59 PM

bandsaw

"Ted Cary" wrote in message
om...
Bought an OLD Emerson power metal cutting bandsaw and been trying to
cut some
3 x 2 box bout 14 ga but can't get it to cut straight. I've
adjusted the guides every way possible, but can't seem to get it
right. Of course I don't have the manual. Anybody know how it should
be done?? Thanks Ted

Get a new blade!
Lane

Ted Cary October 20th 03 10:45 PM

bandsaw

Get a new blade!
Lane

Have a brand new bimetal blade on it.

Keith Marshall October 21st 03 02:58 AM

bandsaw

This site is specifically for the cheap 4x6 bandsaws but it talks about
cutting problems so it might give you some ideas.

http://www.tinyisland.com/4x6bsFAQ.html

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"