Default Buffalo Punches and Dies

I have a flypress with an arbour & dieholder that take (as far as I can
determine) Buffalo punches and dies - the dies are 2" diameter by 1"
thick, and the punches are flanged at the top to 1.375". The local
toolmaker is reasonable for circular punches and dies but slots and
rectangles are extortionate. Is there any good surplus trader who deals
in these things (and doesn't mind posting overseas) ?.
cheers
Mike

Robin S.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a flypress with an arbour & dieholder that take (as far as I can
determine) Buffalo punches and dies - the dies are 2" diameter by 1"
thick, and the punches are flanged at the top to 1.375". The local
toolmaker is reasonable for circular punches and dies but slots and
rectangles are extortionate. Is there any good surplus trader who deals
in these things (and doesn't mind posting overseas) ?.

It seems odd that someone would have surplus punch/die sets that are correct
for your application. Perhaps it's different when buying for fly presses and
ironworkers but in standard die building, there really aren't *standard*
sizes as they vary by material, material thickness, part specification, etc.

Regards,

Robin