Eric R Snow

Default More oscilloscope help please Ned

Greetings Ned,
In your post about the scope you say to have the display turned off.
The encoder still needs power though, right?
Thanks,
Eric
Karl Vorwerk

One of the houses I'm working on at present has an old oscilloscope and some
ham gear. I don't know if it works and don't do much electronic work. But
I'm having an urge to take it as I can have it for free. What would I use it
for beside making sure my 60 Hz line feed is really 60 Hz and how would I do
that without frying it.?
Thanks
Karl

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
Greetings Ned,
In your post about the scope you say to have the display turned off.
The encoder still needs power though, right?
Thanks,
Eric

Grant Erwin

Karl Vorwerk wrote:

.. old oscilloscope ..
..I'm having an urge to take it as I can have it for free..

Suggest you lie down on the couch until the urge passes. Learn to resist at
times like this or you just wind up spending your gas money to haul stuff to the
dump where you pay again. I know very well how to use a scope, and I have a nice
Tek scope, and I hardly ever use it. If you need one, then go find one.

Just my 2¢ worth ..

GWE
Gunner

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:40:15 GMT, "Karl Vorwerk"
wrote:

One of the houses I'm working on at present has an old oscilloscope and some
ham gear. I don't know if it works and don't do much electronic work. But
I'm having an urge to take it as I can have it for free. What would I use it
for beside making sure my 60 Hz line feed is really 60 Hz and how would I do
that without frying it.?
Thanks
Karl

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings Ned,
In your post about the scope you say to have the display turned off.
The encoder still needs power though, right?
Thanks,
Eric

Ham gear???? What kind and what sort of Stuff do you want in trade?

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Ham gear???? What kind and what sort of Stuff do you want in trade?

Request dibs if it's highly vintage....!

Jim

please reply to:
Jon Danniken

"Karl Vorwerk" wrote:
One of the houses I'm working on at present has an old oscilloscope and

some
ham gear. I don't know if it works and don't do much electronic work. But
I'm having an urge to take it as I can have it for free. What would I use

it
for beside making sure my 60 Hz line feed is really 60 Hz and how would I

do
that without frying it.?

What brand/model of scope is it, and where (roughly) are you located?

Jon

Karl Vorwerk

Thanks for the replies.
Not sure but I can look. Looks like the previous owner was in military
communications. Probably in the 1950's. The gear is civilian except for what
looks to be another oscilloscope designed to be mounted. only a few pieces.
There are also 4 or 5 vacuum tubes about 2" tall. I'm in Hawaii. I'll look
tomorrow and see exactly what there is.
Thanks
Karl

wrote:

One of the houses I'm working on at present has an old oscilloscope and
some
ham gear. I don't know if it works and don't do much electronic work. But
I'm having an urge to take it as I can have it for free. What would I use
it
for beside making sure my 60 Hz line feed is really 60 Hz and how would I
do
that without frying it.?
Thanks
Karl